Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 09 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: Absolutely Shara...just joking, that's why the smiley face.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: Absolutely Shara...just joking, that's why the smiley face.

Oops sorry Laura. I am now standing there with egg on my face.

--hide--
Not at all. Ou look beautiful to me! Sisters in Christ!
May 09 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Not at all. Ou look beautiful to me! Sisters in Christ!
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Not at all. Ou look beautiful to me! Sisters in Christ!
--hide--

Thanks for being kinder to me than I was to you my beautiful sister in Christ. hug

May 09 new
(Quote) Joan-529855 said: (Quote) Linda-756196 said: I don't look for that, but my lifestyle resonates fitness....
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Quote:
Linda-756196 said:

I don't look for that, but my lifestyle resonates fitness. It is in all of the things I like to do. I think I need an active man who wants to be outside experiencing and doing. I don't have that as a criteria, but I know it must be to some extent because I gravitate towards men whose lifestyles echo mine.

Thank you very much Linda!! Guys, take an example from this young lady. If you are active you will gravitate towards others that are active. It is not necessary to post in your profile that you are seeking someone who is "physically fit". It would be like a woman posting that she is seeking someone who "makes a lot of money" .

--hide--
smile Too funny. But there is nothing wrong with that either. If that's what you are attracted to, that's ok for you! I have a friend who said that to me about guys she was looking for. But you know, she would be an asset to any man, she has a heart of gold and would love him through thick and thin!
May 09 new

Well, I’m a guy and I’m somewhat fit. I am definitely stronger than most men and have more muscle; however I need to lose a little weight. I have struggled a little with weight since I have been going through a rough time. But now I have more a hold on my life and how things are going. You wouldn’t imagine how crazy my life is. It sounds to me like those other guys are really shallow. I can over look a few extra ponds if I meet the right person. As fare a health goes and religion I think that maintaining a health body weight is a virtue and I try to make my life as simple as I can be by making regiments I live by. From what I see in your picture you are a very attractive girl, and at this time in my life at 24 I’m sick of the way I was living in the past and I’m looking for someone who will accept me as the sinner I have been (the worst). I’m looking for a good girl not a girl that lust after the material things of this world. Sadly I don’t know if I would be worthy of the girl I’m looking for, but god’s mercy is greater than my past.

May 10 new

(Quote) Michael-895127 said:
(Quote) Michael-895127 said:

Well, I’m a guy and I’m somewhat fit. I am definitely stronger than most men and have more muscle; however I need to lose a little weight. I have struggled a little with weight since I have been going through a rough time. But now I have more a hold on my life and how things are going. You wouldn’t imagine how crazy my life is. It sounds to me like those other guys are really shallow. I can over look a few extra ponds if I meet the right person. As fare a health goes and religion I think that maintaining a health body weight is a virtue and I try to make my life as simple as I can be by making regiments I live by. From what I see in your picture you are a very attractive girl, and at this time in my life at 24 I’m sick of the way I was living in the past and I’m looking for someone who will accept me as the sinner I have been (the worst). I’m looking for a good girl not a girl that lust after the material things of this world. Sadly I don’t know if I would be worthy of the girl I’m looking for, but god’s mercy is greater than my past.

--hide--
If you have the body type which easily builds muscles you will also gain weight in fat easy. I have the same body type and I have to watch myself all the time.

May 10 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness levels and varied lifestyles. I have se...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness levels and varied lifestyles. I have seen 1000s of people. Guess what...even those with healthy lifestyles eventually have their battles as you get older. Some earlier than others. The ONE and only thing I see as a deciding factor on how well you will recover from health issues (other than faith of course), is whether or not you have a life partner with you when the health issues occur. For all of you avoiding marriage like its the plague...you will see how hard things will get for you when you are older. The medical professionals start saying things to you like...you can't go home, we are sending you to a facility until your better. Just because you had no partner to stay with you 24-7 at your home. If you think this doesn't happen, you are wrong. Legally we cannot let you go home alone or with someone who can't be with you 24-7. There has not been one person who didn't regret not marrying. Through their own confession...but they didn't realize it until its too late. And I have treated many people in their forty and fifties with strokes. And they had healthy lifestyles. There is no doubt we need to be a healthier society. Everyone should strive to improve their health. Unfortunately, as our cells can no longer divide and repair as we age, we cannot recover from injuries as well. You will need help by your side. I hope and wish the best for all of us, all of God's children.
--hide--

Of course aging mess up our bodies. It starts when we're around twenty five and from then on it is just downhill. But maintaining a good level of fitness compensates for the breakdown very well. The anabolic effects from hard physical work benefits all tissues in the body. From the skeleton to our neurons inside the CNS.

May 10 new

(Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph th...
(Quote) Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

--hide--

Unfortunately it does matter, and I am not saying that to be rude. It matters to women too. Being physcially fit is not just about looks it's also about emotional health in that it's just the way God made us.

When I have been physically fit, I have more dates then I can count, and when I don't work out, I couldn't buy a date if my life depended on it, and I think it has little to do with the way that I look as much as it has to do with my general outlook on life when I feel good physically.

When i don't work out consisitently it really effects every aspect of my life, from my job to my dating life. I don't know why that is, but it just is. I think it's that way for women too.

When you are in the dating world that is one of the best things to do is to work out. It will attract people to you because exercise does something positive for the mind, your outlook and your physique.

St. Paul even says, "exercise profits for awhile."

Keith

May 10 new

(Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph th...
(Quote) Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

--hide--

One other thing.

There are two mistakes that people make when working out. Either they want to get in total shape in a week and then stop. Or they make fitness their life. Neither is good.

It takes time to get into shape to feel the benefits of physical fitness and sometimes that can take months or even a year or two, depending on one's age and physical condition.

However I challenge anyone in here who doesn't work out, to start and then see if you dating life doesn't change once you get in shape and are doing it consistently, the right way.

Again most of fitness has to do with changing your mental outlook for the better. It will give you confidence that you didn't know that you had. I can guarantee it.

I wish it was different, but that is the way God seems to have made us.

Keith

May 10 new

In a lot of ways, being physically fit is important, especially at my age. My body type is accurately listed as a few extra pounds. But, at this age, those few extra pounds suck away at your energy. So, I've been working on losing some weight and changing my bad habits to lose those pounds. But, it gets difficult. My advice to those who are younger than me, don't put on those few extra pounds. It makes things tougher as the years go by.

It is really more about living a healthy lifestyle. And ideally, you'd want a partner who would help encourage you to stay fit and not put on weight. Or in my case, someone who will encourage me and support me to get healthier.

God Bless,

Will

May 10 new

[quote]Keith-965841 said:

one of the best things to do is to work out. It will attract people to you because exercise does something positive for the mind, your outlook and your physique.

Or at least stay active. I have to admit that I consider it very attractive to be with someone who is active, willing and interested in getting out and trying something new once in a while. I can't claim to be an athlete, I don't play sports for example, but I love to be outside and moving and would consider that one trait I look for in someone I'm attracted to. I find it helpful when the gentlemen on this site list their interests and the type of ladies they see themselves attracted to.

Posts 61 - 70 of 101