Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Keith-965841 said: One other thing. There are two mistakes that people make when working out. Either they want to ...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

One other thing.

There are two mistakes that people make when working out. Either they want to get in total shape in a week and then stop. Or they make fitness their life. Neither is good.

It takes time to get into shape to feel the benefits of physical fitness and sometimes that can take months or even a year or two, depending on one's age and physical condition.

However I challenge anyone in here who doesn't work out, to start and then see if you dating life doesn't change once you get in shape and are doing it consistently, the right way.

Again most of fitness has to do with changing your mental outlook for the better. It will give you confidence that you didn't know that you had. I can guarantee it.

I wish it was different, but that is the way God seems to have made us.

Keith

--hide--

Fitness in other aspects of our life can affect people's perception of us as well. If we didn't practice good grooming, make sure we speak and write well, stay abreast of current events and social trends and styles, people might not be attracted to us as am employee, friend or mate. The first impression is what is on the outside.
May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Keith-965841 said: (Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men menti...
(Quote) Keith-965841 said:

Quote:
Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

One other thing.

There are two mistakes that people make when working out. Either they want to get in total shape in a week and then stop. Or they make fitness their life. Neither is good.

It takes time to get into shape to feel the benefits of physical fitness and sometimes that can take months or even a year or two, depending on one's age and physical condition.

However I challenge anyone in here who doesn't work out, to start and then see if you dating life doesn't change once you get in shape and are doing it consistently, the right way.

Again most of fitness has to do with changing your mental outlook for the better. It will give you confidence that you didn't know that you had. I can guarantee it.

Keith

--hide--
I already took that challenge Keith and it didn't change dating prospects at all. I lost 70 lbs, I am lean and I have now started playing sports again..with mostly me. No change in the dating arena...and not one date off tis site. Just people who want to use the site for their daily therapy sessions.
May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: (Quote) Keith-965841 said: (Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who poin...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said:
Quote:
Keith-965841 said:

Quote:
Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

One other thing.

Keith

I already took that challenge Keith and it didn't change dating prospects at all. I lost 70 lbs, I am lean and I have now started playing sports again..with mostly me. No change in the dating arena...and not one date off tis site. Just people who want to use the site for their daily therapy sessions.
--hide--
"With mostly men". Sorry left out the n.
May 10th 2013 new
Laura, if you feel great for you, then it is a lifestyle you have adopted, again, not for others but for you and that will shine through...
May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Laura, if you feel great for you, then it is a lifestyle you have adopted, again, not for others but for you and tha...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Laura, if you feel great for you, then it is a lifestyle you have adopted, again, not for others but for you and that will shine through...
--hide--
Absolutely Meg. But the challenge stated by Keith was how it will make a change in the whole dating arena. Regardless of my weight, I have always been a very happy, positive person and demonstrated such with my boyfriends at the time. Now lately I'm more picky about where the boyfriend and I can go out to eat, where before I would have not cared and been more amenable on decisions like these.
May 10th 2013 new

So I am joining a bit late and only read the first page so I apologize if this has been brought up before. I dont put physically fit on my profile because as others have mentioned there is no concrete defintion for that. However staying in good health by eating right and staying active is important to me. First and foremost for my own health, and secondarly to remain physically attractive to my future spouse. Yes our bodies change over time and it is hard to keep weight off (again going back to the health). So for me I want my spouse to my active to remain healthy. Since a dont want to have a double standard I hope to hold myself to that same goal as well. Maybe that is a bit shallow? Just how I feel.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Thank you very much Linda!! Guys, take an example from this young lady. If you are active you will...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Thank you very much Linda!! Guys, take an example from this young lady. If you are active you will gravitate towards others that are active. It is not necessary to post in your profile that you are seeking someone who is "physically fit". It would be like a woman posting that she is seeking someone who "makes a lot of money" .

--hide--

If it's important to a woman that the man make good money, I see nothing wrong with stating so in her profile. What's wrong with that? Maybe a woman can state it differently, such as "I'm seeking a man who is in a position to provide for the family" or something like that.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: May I ask, when the Victoria's Secret models became a standard for what a physically fit body...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

May I ask, when the Victoria's Secret models became a standard for what a physically fit body female looks like? My personal opinion is that they look like very hungry twenty-something girls with breast implants, and that has nothing to do with physical fitness.

--hide--

This is somewhat to my point, which is that using "must be physically fit" is often just code for wanting a Barbie doll figure, and the user is not actually referring to health. But having read some of these posts I'm revising my opinion. Perhaps most of the men using that criteria are referring to health condition and not just my cynical interpretation of that trait. I think I have been convinced by this Forum! Now I would like to hear a definition of exactly what constitutes "physically fit"? Percentage of muscle to fat? A height/weight ratio? Number of exercise sessions per week? Number of calories consumed daily? Exactly how would a woman know that she did or did not fit that category. Someone else on here said she does not exercise but is active outdoors. Is she "physically fit"?

May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-461057 said: This is somewhat to my point, which is that using "must be physically fit" is often just code for ...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

This is somewhat to my point, which is that using "must be physically fit" is often just code for wanting a Barbie doll figure, and the user is not actually referring to health. But having read some of these posts I'm revising my opinion. Perhaps most of the men using that criteria are referring to health condition and not just my cynical interpretation of that trait. I think I have been convinced by this Forum! Now I would like to hear a definition of exactly what constitutes "physically fit"? Percentage of muscle to fat? A height/weight ratio? Number of exercise sessions per week? Number of calories consumed daily? Exactly how would a woman know that she did or did not fit that category. Someone else on here said she does not exercise but is active outdoors. Is she "physically fit"?

--hide--

Hi, Joan. All of our wants/requirements though are open to interpretation. For instance, a hunter, fisherman, skier, very devout Catholic can all be listed as preferences. How often does a man to hunt to be a hunter? What constitutes a dveout Catholic in the profile writer's opinion? Wanting a 'fit' man, are we asking for a guy who is a long distance runner, plays golf, skis, lifts weights or works construction all day? Each activity would lead toward a different physique and life style. That would be discussed by emotes and messages and getting to know each other.

We all can list what we are looking for in our profile, communicate with other members and, hopefully, find our one. I think any woman or man who believe themselves to be physically fit, could respond to someone's profile who wants that. There is risk of rejection for numerous reasons, sometimes not personal at all. Without risk there can be no gain. I don't feel we should be offended though for CM members stating what they want in a match--physical, spiritual, professional or interest-wise. Stating these things helps us find a spouse.

The difference online is one's preferences are written. In a restaurant or at work, one doesn't know what others want in a match. So really, we are all 'rejected' every day and we 'reject' every day based on what we seek. It is life; God made us all so different and our tastes are so different but that is a good thing.
May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Absolutely Meg. But the challenge stated by Keith was how it will make a change in the whole dating arena. Rega...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Absolutely Meg. But the challenge stated by Keith was how it will make a change in the whole dating arena. Regardless of my weight, I have always been a very happy, positive person and demonstrated such with my boyfriends at the time. Now lately I'm more picky about where the boyfriend and I can go out to eat, where before I would have not cared and been more amenable on decisions like these.
--hide--

Good point, Laura....I got off topic!

smile
Posts 71 - 80 of 101