Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness levels and varied lifestyles. I have se...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness levels and varied lifestyles. I have seen 1000s of people. Guess what...even those with healthy lifestyles eventually have their battles as you get older. Some earlier than others. The ONE and only thing I see as a deciding factor on how well you will recover from health issues (other than faith of course), is whether or not you have a life partner with you when the health issues occur. For all of you avoiding marriage like its the plague...you will see how hard things will get for you when you are older. The medical professionals start saying things to you like...you can't go home, we are sending you to a facility until your better. Just because you had no partner to stay with you 24-7 at your home. If you think this doesn't happen, you are wrong. Legally we cannot let you go home alone or with someone who can't be with you 24-7. There has not been one person who didn't regret not marrying. Through their own confession...but they didn't realize it until its too late. And I have treated many people in their forty and fifties with strokes. And they had healthy lifestyles. There is no doubt we need to be a healthier society. Everyone should strive to improve their health. Unfortunately, as our cells can no longer divide and repair as we age, we cannot recover from injuries as well. You will need help by your side. I hope and wish the best for all of us, all of God's children.
--hide--

This is an excellent response Laura. So often I feel as though some of the younger CM members have not experienced enough of life to grasp its "reality". I worked as a nurse in a hospital that primarily did stomach staplings and bi-pass surgeries (along with bunions, but thats another story) when I was much younger. What I discovered at a very young age is that people develop ailments DESPITE their efforts at healthy living. I have experiences of my own that could fill at least a chapter in an autobiography about my health issues, DESPITE my healthy lifestyle. It always amazes me the lack of knowledge of some of the CM members, especially the older ones (who should know better), in regards to everyday life topics (like health). Laura, what you shared is a REALITY for many people!! When I left the hospital after my thyroidectomy the first thing the staff asked me is "who will be staying with you?" They actually kept me one extra day because they were afraid that my son would not be able to watch over me closely (he is 27 but works and goes to school fulltime). And, yes, I too treated many people in their forties and fifties who have had strokes (on the rehab unit) and had healthy life styles. I also treated many who have heart conditions, DESPITE their healthy life style. And I will borrow your quote, "I hope and wish the best for all of us, all of God's children". Again, thanks Laura

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Hi, Joan. All of our wants/requirements though are open to interpretation. For instance, a hunter,...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Hi, Joan. All of our wants/requirements though are open to interpretation. For instance, a hunter, fisherman, skier, very devout Catholic can all be listed as preferences. How often does a man to hunt to be a hunter? What constitutes a dveout Catholic in the profile writer's opinion? Wanting a 'fit' man, are we asking for a guy who is a long distance runner, plays golf, skis, lifts weights or works construction all day? Each activity would lead toward a different physique and life style. That would be discussed by emotes and messages and getting to know each other.

We all can list what we are looking for in our profile, communicate with other members and, hopefully, find our one. I think any woman or man who believe themselves to be physically fit, could respond to someone's profile who wants that. There is risk of rejection for numerous reasons, sometimes not personal at all. Without risk there can be no gain. I don't feel we should be offended though for CM members stating what they want in a match--physical, spiritual, professional or interest-wise. Stating these things helps us find a spouse.

The difference online is one's preferences are written. In a restaurant or at work, one doesn't know what others want in a match. So really, we are all 'rejected' every day and we 'reject' every day based on what we seek. It is life; God made us all so different and our tastes are so different but that is a good thing.
--hide--

Beautifully said Meg. You put into words what I wanted to say but did not know how.

May 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-529855 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness leve...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: Marge is right folks. I work with people of all ages and fitness levels and varied lifestyles. I have seen 1000s of people. Guess what...even those with healthy lifestyles eventually have their battles as you get older. Some earlier than others. The ONE and only thing I see as a deciding factor on how well you will recover from health issues (other than faith of course), is whether or not you have a life partner with you when the health issues occur. For all of you avoiding marriage like its the plague...you will see how hard things will get for you when you are older. The medical professionals start saying things to you like...you can't go home, we are sending you to a facility until your better. Just because you had no partner to stay with you 24-7 at your home. If you think this doesn't happen, you are wrong. Legally we cannot let you go home alone or with someone who can't be with you 24-7. There has not been one person who didn't regret not marrying. Through their own confession...but they didn't realize it until its too late. And I have treated many people in their forty and fifties with strokes. And they had healthy lifestyles. There is no doubt we need to be a healthier society. Everyone should strive to improve their health. Unfortunately, as our cells can no longer divide and repair as we age, we cannot recover from injuries as well. You will need help by your side. I hope and wish the best for all of us, all of God's children.

This is an excellent response Laura. So often I feel as though some of the younger CM members have not experienced enough of life to grasp its "reality". I worked as a nurse in a hospital that primarily did stomach staplings and bi-pass surgeries (along with bunions, but thats another story) when I was much younger. What I discovered at a very young age is that people develop ailments DESPITE their efforts at healthy living. I have experiences of my own that could fill at least a chapter in an autobiography about my health issues, DESPITE my healthy lifestyle. It always amazes me the lack of knowledge of some of the CM members, especially the older ones (who should know better), in regards to everyday life topics (like health). Laura, what you shared is a REALITY for many people!! When I left the hospital after my thyroidectomy the first thing the staff asked me is "who will be staying with you?" They actually kept me one extra day because they were afraid that my son would not be able to watch over me closely (he is 27 but works and goes to school fulltime). And, yes, I too treated many people in their forties and fifties who have had strokes (on the rehab unit) and had healthy life styles. I also treated many who have heart conditions, DESPITE their healthy life style. And I will borrow your quote, "I hope and wish the best for all of us, all of God's children". Again, thanks Laura

--hide--
Well said Joan. I guess we see how people are effected by health issues, so I take this stuff very seriously. We need help from our partner in life. And if you are too selfish to commit to someone, your in for a very tough ride. Even those who have the most healthiest lifestyles, face serious challenges. But I have personally witnessed them, as you have. It makes it very clear that we are not meant to be alone in this world. It is important to get serious about dating and commitment. You'll need each other later. But I think it's a lot like those who smoke, if you don't actually see the end result of your behavior, then it won't happen to you. I have made many decisions to not allow people my age to go home. But i just couldnt let them go home if there is no one who can't be there 24-7 for a while. I just wish people would get a little more serious about commitment. It pays off in the end.
May 11th 2013 new

Just wondering if physically fit and part time smoking go together

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-952927 said: My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph th...
(Quote) Maria-952927 said:

My aunt was the one who pointed out to me that some men mention in their Ideal Match paragraph that they'd like their partner to be "physically fit". I've never seen that listed until tonight. I had a guy view me, so in all curiosity, I viewed back and started reading through his profile...until I saw "I'd like my partner to be physically fit." Hey. To each his own, as the saying goes, but why are you going to be so picky? When I read that, I saw this guy in a different light...and it's wasn't a flattering one. You could have a great connection with anyone on this site, and if you say no because they're not physically fit enough for you, then you're throwing away potential friendships, relationships, or your possible spouse. If the connection is there, the appearance shouldn't matter. My opinion. I'm curious as to how others are going to reply.

--hide--
At least he stated it in the positive.He could have said something like no chip eating coach potatos! eyebrow laughing Physicaly fit gets the point across.I don't find it offensive if a woman listed that about Men.

May 11th 2013 new
It's all in the eye of the beholder. We each have our favorite little treats...chocolate, (!) smoking, wine, a piece of pie....:-)
May 11th 2013 new
Are you saying if she looks like a piece of Pie he might like her?

tongue

May 11th 2013 new
smile
May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: This is somewhat to my point, which is that using "must be physically fit" is often ...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

This is somewhat to my point, which is that using "must be physically fit" is often just code for wanting a Barbie doll figure, and the user is not actually referring to health. But having read some of these posts I'm revising my opinion. Perhaps most of the men using that criteria are referring to health condition and not just my cynical interpretation of that trait. I think I have been convinced by this Forum! Now I would like to hear a definition of exactly what constitutes "physically fit"? Percentage of muscle to fat? A height/weight ratio? Number of exercise sessions per week? Number of calories consumed daily? Exactly how would a woman know that she did or did not fit that category. Someone else on here said she does not exercise but is active outdoors. Is she "physically fit"?

--hide--
Exercising isn't about spending time in a gym. I would say it's about performing a physically demanding activity of any kind which forces the body to work a bit harder than it is used to. What a fit body looks like is different from person to person and from activity to activity. But generally speaking a fit person doesn't have a lot of excess fat. Don't interpret this last statement as me saying that one has to be totally ripped with every vein being clearly visible. No, that condition is about as unhealthy as the obese condition is.

May 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-828727 said: Just wondering if physically fit and part time smoking go together
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

Just wondering if physically fit and part time smoking go together

--hide--

Fred, some would say yes and some no. biggrin It is all in one's opinion and perspective...
Posts 81 - 90 of 101