Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

May 10th 2013 new

Praying

May 10th 2013 new

Praying

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: The Prayer of St. Patrick I arise today Through the strength of heaven; Li...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today

Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,

Splendor of fire,

Speed of lightning,

Swiftness of the wind,

Depth of the sea,

Stability of the earth,

Firmness of the rock.

I arise today

Through God's strength to pilot me;

God's might to uphold me,

God's wisdom to guide me,

God's eye to look before me,

God's ear to hear me,

God's word to speak for me,

God's hand to guard me,

God's way to lie before me,

God's shield to protect me,

God's hosts to save me

Afar and anear,

Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today

Against wounding

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,

Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

Christ on my right, Christ on my left,

Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,

Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,

Christ in the eye that sees me,

Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today

Through the mighty strength

Of the Lord of creation.
--hide--

This is beautiful! Thank you Jim for sharing it!

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Hi Vanessa----------St.Joseph please pray for Vanessa Thank you for your prayers-----Thank you LO...
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Hi Vanessa----------St.Joseph please pray for Vanessa Thank you for your prayers-----Thank you LOrd for hearing and answering

--hide--

Ah St. Joseph is one of my most favorite saints! Thank you for offering this prayer on my behalf Peter!

May 10th 2013 new

So far, I have not heard anything, but I am still hopeful! Keep those prayers coming and THANK YOU!

In Christ,

~V

May 16th 2013 new
Praying Praying rosary
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Vanessa-496726 said: Hello dear friends in Christ, I have been searching for FT work for the past 5 months and last week, interviewed for a role which exceeds all that I have been praying for (Novena to the Infant of Prague and Our Lady!)! I find out later this week/early next week if I have been chosen and as you can imagine, I am hopeful, but nervous. Would you please join me in praying that I am offered the role, if its God's will?? THANK YOU! ~V
Well, I am still in the waiting process with this role. However, I have been advised I am still considered a candidate and the delays are purely on the org's side...

Though hard to be patient, I can honestly say that this has helped me work on trusting God because its providing a daily opportunity for me to say, "Thy Will" and not "my will" to Him!

Thank you for your continued prayers!

In Him,
~V
May 31st 2013 new
Just advised that the role has been dissolved! After a month of waiting, I can't help but feel disappointed! *tear...BUT they will be opening up a different role next week and I have been encouraged to apply for that, so I have hope.

Praying for the grace to remember, "Thy Will be done" and not "my will be done"...

In Christ,
~V
Jun 1st 2013 new
rosary
Jul 17th 2013 new
(quote) Vanessa-496726 said: Just advised that the role has been dissolved! After a month of waiting, I can't help but feel disappointed! *tear...BUT they will be opening up a different role next week and I have been encouraged to apply for that, so I have hope.

Praying for the grace to remember, "Thy Will be done" and not "my will be done"...

In Christ,
~V
Well friends after another round of interviews and expectations, I was not chosen for the role. :o( However, I have 3.5hrs of intense interviews today for another position in a different organization, so prayers are still most appreciated.

Throughout all of this, I am learning:
'be still and know that [He] is God',
to 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding',
to truly understand that '...
faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen'
and
to humbly pray the Our Father's 'Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread..'

What a gift! Knowing that His desire is for me to spend eternity with Him in Heaven, then facing these bumps, swerves, heartaches and challenges take on a whole new meaning. As my spiritual advisor says, "Pray for the grace to carry your cross daily, for this is the means of your salvation"!

So for all those who feel it is all so hard, take courage! I offer my rosary, my struggles for you too.

In Him
~V.

Posts 31 - 40 of 40