Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 09 new

(Quote) Kate-806727 said: Boy, if I did this, I might still have been married, not so much because we lived under different ...
(Quote) Kate-806727 said:

Boy, if I did this, I might still have been married, not so much because we lived under different roofs, but because I would have been clueless about what was going on. He would have been able to have his cake and eat it too.

--hide--
Let's see. Is there a poem here somewhere, beginning with the words, "The art of hearts apart"? Is someone a poetic big leager eager to carry on from this meager start? scratchchin

May 09 new

Where's the "two become one" in this arrangement? With such a setup, the relationship should be renamed, as it doesn't bear our standards of marriage. Perhaps this is what needs to happen after time passes and the validly-married couple just can't live together anymore...but to, by design, choose this manner from the start? Boo!

May 09 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Where's the "two become one" in this arrangement? With such a setup, the relationshi...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Where's the "two become one" in this arrangement? With such a setup, the relationship should be renamed, as it doesn't bear our standards of marriage. Perhaps this is what needs to happen after time passes and the validly-married couple just can't live together anymore...but to, by design, choose this manner from the start? Boo!

--hide--
Maybe the answer is that some women are party girls and others are aparty girls. Well, at least that maybe a part of the answer unless it's completely apart from the answer. mischievous

May 11 new
My grandfather remarried in 1969, 20 yrs after my grandmother divorced him. His new wife had lived all of her life within a half mile of her birthplace, and most of her 9 siblings lived less than 2 miles away. Grandpa had a small farm about 50 miles away. He lived in an old southern share cropper house with no indoor "facilities" on Sand Mountain, in NE Alabama. Indoor plumbing was the hand pump at the kitchen sink! They spent their weekends together at her place, vacationed when possible, and some weekdays she spent with him at the farm. Otherwise she was home in her community, with her extended family and he farmed during the week. It worked for them and I guess I never thought anything of it. I have a job that I am committed to for a couple of years so I could see myself doing something similar (for a limited time) if necessary. If I was younger probably not. Just a thought.
May 11 new

(Quote) Suzanne-930338 said: My grandfather remarried in 1969, 20 yrs after my grandmother divorced him. His new wife had lived all...
(Quote) Suzanne-930338 said: My grandfather remarried in 1969, 20 yrs after my grandmother divorced him. His new wife had lived all of her life within a half mile of her birthplace, and most of her 9 siblings lived less than 2 miles away. Grandpa had a small farm about 50 miles away. He lived in an old southern share cropper house with no indoor "facilities" on Sand Mountain, in NE Alabama. Indoor plumbing was the hand pump at the kitchen sink! They spent their weekends together at her place, vacationed when possible, and some weekdays she spent with him at the farm. Otherwise she was home in her community, with her extended family and he farmed during the week. It worked for them and I guess I never thought anything of it. I have a job that I am committed to for a couple of years so I could see myself doing something similar (for a limited time) if necessary. If I was younger probably not. Just a thought.
--hide--
Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for relating that item of family history. Maybe your grandfather's wife would not have had much to do at his place besides having no company much of the day. As you suggested, this kind of arrangement might allow people near retirement but unable to move to a new place until then, to marry before the move can be made to live in the same place.

John

Posts 11 - 15 of 15