Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Annette-969665 said: My friend says in that case he is saving your time and energy for another friend.
(Quote) Annette-969665 said: My friend says in that case he is saving your time and energy for another friend.
--hide--
IMHO, blocking or "Not Interested" or "We are not a match" are all nasty and cruel.

If we really have nothing in common the communication will peter out within the week, and no hard feelings.

May 8th 2013 new

Here's one

Thanks for taking the time to write to me. I appreciate your interest but I feel there may be a better person for you. Please don't be discouraged and persevere in your search.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: IMHO, blocking or "Not Interested" or "We are not a match" are all nasty and ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

IMHO, blocking or "Not Interested" or "We are not a match" are all nasty and cruel.

If we really have nothing in common the communication will peter out within the week, and no hard feelings.

--hide--

clap I agree. Let it peter out naturally.

May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: Here's oneThanks for taking the time to write to me. I appreciate your interest but I feel the...
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

Here's one

Thanks for taking the time to write to me. I appreciate your interest but I feel there may be a better person for you. Please don't be discouraged and persevere in your search.

--hide--

Very nice response Joseph and kind.

Eileen
May 8th 2013 new

I try to be honest and at the same time consider the person's feelings. I feel I owe an honest response to someone who was kind enough to take an interest. But if you go that route be prepared for some negative response/reaction to your "proper etiquette" reply but positive ones as well. When you get the negative (some are plain attacks) response back to you. You will want to re-consider your own "proper etiquette" replies to any future "non-matches" but don't. When it happens to me I just consider myself blessed and thank God because his negative response (attack) made me not regret my original "non-match" feelings towards the man. I considered it a confirmation! Good luck to you :)

Posts 11 - 15 of 15