Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Teacher Appreciation Week

May 8th 2013 new

How about thinking of a teacher that you had that made a difference in your life? What made that teacher so special? Have you ever or can you now express appreciation for their hard work?

Personally, the first teacher that was extra special to me was Sr. Michael Ann who taught 3rd grade at St. Casimir School, Hammond, IN.

She seemed to be the only teacher in that school who went around with a smile on her face. She seemed younger than the others. She demonstrated a gentle spirit. She taught without intimidating children. There was mutual respect in the classroom. She took a personal interest in me. For someone who was very shy, I really appreciated the fact that she drew me out. I wrote to her for a while after she moved on. And I thought about her regularly. Finally, I realized that I could try to contact her after so many years. I found out that she had been in residence not too far away from Indianapolis for a few years. I spent a lovely afternoon with her talking & catching up on how our lives progressed since we last saw each other. Soon after she went back to the motherhouse & we lost contact once again unfortunately. I still can picture her smiling face shining out of her full habit on my First Communion Day.

Posts 1 - 1 of 1