Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: This year I'm trying something different though - treating myself to Mothers' Day: ped...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

This year I'm trying something different though - treating myself to Mothers' Day: pedicure on Friday, steak dinner somewhere over the weekend, my daughter's concert Saturday evening, mass and self-made brunch on my porch on Sunday - probably a nap too. My ex texted me today saying, "by the way, Sunday is Mothers Day = do you want the kids back early or rearrange our schedule so you have them that day?"

I'm thinking, MOST DEFINITELY NOT! I've been planning this weekend for a month, dude!

God bless all the CM moms out there - especially those who are under-appreciated. Mary, Mother of God, PRAY FOR US!

--hide--

Love this! My children would be devastated if they weren't with me on Mother's Day. Well, my youngest anyway.

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Dana-782979 said: Love this! My children would be devastated if they weren't with me on Mother's Day...
(Quote) Dana-782979 said:

Love this! My children would be devastated if they weren't with me on Mother's Day. Well, my youngest anyway.

--hide--

I have been torn the last 4 or 5 years on Mother's Day. My daughter is in Chicago and she wants me to come there. I have a 91 year old home bound mother she lives around me. I have siblings that live around my mother but they usually are having dinners and such with their kids. Every year I tell my daughter this could be my mom's last Mother's Day so I stay here. But this year I am going to Chicago. I will try to make it back around 6 or so and stop by and visit my mom. My mom says she is fine with it she doesn't want to make anyone feel guilty because she knows we all have families to spend time with. But I still feel guilty.

May 9th 2013 new

Is it an option to spend Saturday with your daughter and Sunday with your mom?

May 9th 2013 new
First hapy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. We have always celebrated and my mom made sure my kids had something for me. My ex would not do that. Now it's getti g to be more laid back and this year I'm happy to have time with both kids home.
May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Debbie-443016 said: I have been torn the last 4 or 5 years on Mother's Day. My daughter is in Chicago and she...
(Quote) Debbie-443016 said:

I have been torn the last 4 or 5 years on Mother's Day. My daughter is in Chicago and she wants me to come there. I have a 91 year old home bound mother she lives around me. I have siblings that live around my mother but they usually are having dinners and such with their kids. Every year I tell my daughter this could be my mom's last Mother's Day so I stay here. But this year I am going to Chicago. I will try to make it back around 6 or so and stop by and visit my mom. My mom says she is fine with it she doesn't want to make anyone feel guilty because she knows we all have families to spend time with. But I still feel guilty.

--hide--

You are a good daughter and mom Debbie. You can only spread yourself so thin but do something special for yourself too.

Eileen
May 10th 2013 new

That's a great message, Jerry. Sadly, most of us don't reach that level of appreciation until Mom is gone, or we reach middle age.

May 11th 2013 new

Yes I do struggle on Mother's Day especially this year as my own mother has cancer and is very ill.

May 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Dana-782979 said: Do any other single mom's struggle on Mother's Day? Or single fathers on Father's Day, for that mat...
(Quote) Dana-782979 said:

Do any other single mom's struggle on Mother's Day? Or single fathers on Father's Day, for that matter.

--hide--
No I love being a mama. My son and I spend the whole day together.....mothers day brunch, playing in the park, church and out to dinner. It's so much fun to be a mom. Happy Mother's Day to all mamas out there. Whether your children are with you or not...your still the best mom. Celebrate yourself, you were and are a Blessing to them!
May 12th 2013 new

Mother's day will be sad for me now--it never was much of a day. My kids are all boys, 29, 21 and 13, and usuallly they give me nothing at all. My husband used to try and get me something but that won't happen anymore now that he is dead, so I don't expect anything.

May 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Yes I do struggle on Mother's Day especially this year as my own mother has cancer and is very ill.
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Yes I do struggle on Mother's Day especially this year as my own mother has cancer and is very ill.

--hide--
Hi Kathy, my mom passed of bladder cancer the week before Mother's Day. I just keep thinking how lucky that I knew her for 45 years before she went home to Jesus. I see Mother's Day as a day of celebrating her life and thankful for getting to know her. So many never get to know their moms. It was hard to see how cancer effected her, but I am grateful that it wasn't a long battle. May you find the strength and healing during these times
Posts 11 - 20 of 30