Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

"The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed with the hepatitis A virus was involved with distributing communion at two Christmas Day services at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Massapequa Park."

Full story online.wsj.com

Video of Communion dispensor www.youtube.com

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed wit...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

"The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed with the hepatitis A virus was involved with distributing communion at two Christmas Day services at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Massapequa Park."

--hide--

The last Tridentine Mass I went to a very elderly priest gave me communion. The side of his finger touched my tongue and I am sure it had slid across many previous to me. Direct saliva contact, much worse than what they are talking about. I'm still alive..of course I haven't been tested for hepatitis recently scratchchin

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed wit...

--hide--

Can't you just feel the love and respect for Christ? boggled

May 9th 2013 new

that is a very bad joke

May 9th 2013 new

Hi Bernard, I read the article and it says that the dispenser is used before Mass--each person puts an unconsecrated host into a bowl in order to count how many people are there but is not allowed to be used to distribute Holy Communion. However, the youtube video shows a church distributing Holy Communion using the dispenser. Do you know if this is a Catholic church? I see that the priest/minister made the sign of the cross at the end but I couldn't tell if it was actually a Mass. And the people took little cups of wine also, very strange (not saying Precious Blood because I don't think that it is in those little cups--hopefully not anyways).

I find all of this so ridiculous, even the dispenser used before Mass is disrespectful. And if this is actually happening at a Catholic church (the video), then the parish should be suspended from celebrating the Mass until it is celebrated correctly.

No one has ever gotten sick from a consecrated Host or from the Precious Blood.

Anyhoo, thanks for posting and for gettin me all riled up! haha biggrin

May 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: that is a very bad joke
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

that is a very bad joke

--hide--
That's what I thought at first!

May 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Hi Bernard, I read the article and it says that the dispenser is used before Mass--each person puts an unco...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Hi Bernard, I read the article and it says that the dispenser is used before Mass--each person puts an unconsecrated host into a bowl in order to count how many people are there but is not allowed to be used to distribute Holy Communion. However, the youtube video shows a church distributing Holy Communion using the dispenser. Do you know if this is a Catholic church? I see that the priest/minister made the sign of the cross at the end but I couldn't tell if it was actually a Mass. And the people took little cups of wine also, very strange (not saying Precious Blood because I don't think that it is in those little cups--hopefully not anyways).

I find all of this so ridiculous, even the dispenser used before Mass is disrespectful. And if this is actually happening at a Catholic church (the video), then the parish should be suspended from celebrating the Mass until it is celebrated correctly.

No one has ever gotten sick from a consecrated Host or from the Precious Blood.

Anyhoo, thanks for posting and for gettin me all riled up! haha

--hide--

That's a host dispenser?? It looks like he is dispensing candy!!
May 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed with the hepatiti...

--hide--

The thing that comes to mind seeing this dispenser, and I mean no disrespect to our Lord, is: "Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish. How many pieces do you wish?"

irked
May 10th 2013 new

--hide--

That priest, if Catholic, should be defrocked and excummunicated.

May 10th 2013 new

--hide--

This idiocy reminds me of the very first episode in the English comedy series "Ballykissangel."

Anyone who suscribes to Netflix and receives discs should view that episode. Its not avaiable on their streaming service.

In that first episode, the local rich man donates a super-duper, modern new confessional to the Church. It is not giving much away to say that it turns into a total disaster.

But that episode and this dispenser idiocy is a good illustration of some of the nonsense that has infected the Church in the last 40 years.

Posts 1 - 10 of 31