Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Laura-56149 said: The last Tridentine Mass I went to a ver...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Laura-56149 said:

The last Tridentine Mass I went to a very elderly priest gave me communion. The side of his finger touched my tongue and I am sure it had slid across many previous to me. Direct saliva contact, much worse than what they are talking about. I'm still alive..of course I haven't been tested for hepatitis recently

I know,but people share the Chalice at Mass in the Novus Ordo.Whenever I attend the Novus Ordo,I skip the Chalice.What if someone has Herpes!!!

--hide--

I have to believe that the Body and the Precious Blood will protect us:) theheart
Someone pointed out that the Catholic church would have died out years ago if we were at risk. HMMM, is that why there is a decline in the Catholic parishes of parishioners? They didn't leave the church they perished....LOL!

May 12th 2013 new

I always receive on the tongue and am nearly always touched. Big deal.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Plus... Notice at the end of the video that there are at least a dozen chairs directly behind the alt...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Plus... Notice at the end of the video that there are at least a dozen chairs directly behind the alter.... Not very Catholic either.

Ed

--hide--

You may be very correct about this video. However, any number of Catholic churches have chairs directly behind the altar. Modern Catholic Church design, especially those from the late 60's into the 90's can only be described as atrocities.

May 12th 2013 new

There could be cyanide in the Blood and it still wouldn't kill.

Its been conscrated and there within our physical presence is the physical presence of Christ.

Leave the Health department to their own concerns, leave us to ours and our faith. If people are that worried about it, don't take Communion. No one's being forced.

Honestly, you have a higher chance of catching something from the handles on the supermaket trollies.

May 12th 2013 new

Just think about how many unwashed hands grab the handles of the church doors each Sunday. If we're going to catch some disease or virus, it is probably a whole lot more likely from a church door handle than a host. laughing

Ed

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: "The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed wit...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

"The Nassau County Department of Health announced on Monday that an individual diagnosed with the hepatitis A virus was involved with distributing communion at two Christmas Day services at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Massapequa Park."

Full story online.wsj.com

Video of Communion dispensor www.youtube.com

--hide--

I'm not sure that I would be very concerned about acquiring hepatitis A through receiving the Eucharist. I am reminded of when my daughter was around 5 years old. I had been talking to her about blessings. I explained to her that the host is consecrated by the priest and even the holy water is blessed by the priest. The next thing I knew, she dipped her hand in the font, blessed herself, and licked the leftover water off her hand. Naturally, I was horrified. I exclaimed that the germs on peoples' hands had surely polluted the water. She was quick to counter that she couldn't get sick from holy water, it's blessed.

I think her argument was inspired. Children are so much closer to God than adults. I took my cue from her not to fear. I needed to trust God, she did.

May 12th 2013 new
This is not necessary, just ask Jesus.
May 12th 2013 new

Amen, Naomi.

May 12th 2013 new

I tend to believe that the momentary contacts involved in Communion are not enough for most vectors. I'm more concerned by the handshakes at Sign of Peace and handholding during Our Lord's Prayer which have been discussed before. I always refrain from contact when I know I'm ill. We can Trust The Lord, but still need to exercise the intelligence He's given us.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ellen-813688 said: I'm not sure that I would be very concerned about acquiring hepatitis A through r...
(Quote) Ellen-813688 said:

I'm not sure that I would be very concerned about acquiring hepatitis A through receiving the Eucharist. I am reminded of when my daughter was around 5 years old. I had been talking to her about blessings. I explained to her that the host is consecrated by the priest and even the holy water is blessed by the priest. The next thing I knew, she dipped her hand in the font, blessed herself, and licked the leftover water off her hand. Naturally, I was horrified. I exclaimed that the germs on peoples' hands had surely polluted the water. She was quick to counter that she couldn't get sick from holy water, it's blessed.

I think her argument was inspired. Children are so much closer to God than adults. I took my cue from her not to fear. I needed to trust God, she did.

--hide--
You are so right, we adults need to have that innocent pure love that your daughter instictively has, to truly open our hearts to Jesus.

Posts 21 - 30 of 31