Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Well, I'm going to say the opposite. My daughter is 28 and I'd love for her to come home ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Well, I'm going to say the opposite. My daughter is 28 and I'd love for her to come home with a nice guy of 38 or 40 who's established in his career and settled in what he wants. The fellow she likes has impractical ideas about his future...and no real commitment to hers.

--hide--

Fair enough. 10-12 years is less than a generation (which I believe is considered to be 20 or 21years ), so I would agree that that particular age gap is not insurmountable. My own age limit for searching was 10 years at one point, now I'm more likely to consider 8 years in either direction.

However, being 40 is no guarantee of an established career or being ready to settle down. A friend's recent ex-boyfriend who was 40 was all over the place about his jobs and where he was going to live as he took short-term contracts here there and everywhere, and bounced around from city to city. Honestly, some of my male relatives in their late 20s have their act together better than that guy does.

May 11 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attracti...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?

Show that you care about her and what she is thinking. Remember what she says and reply to it. Build on that.

--hide--
Absolutely Marian....you nailed this answer!

May 11 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) John-220051 said: What...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?

Show that you care about her and what she is thinking. Remember what she says and reply to it. Build on that.

Absolutely Marian....you nailed this answer!

--hide--

Thank you. It is the first clue as to whether there will be any chemistry or not.

May 11 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
--hide--
have her pick the restaurant and you pay the bill so she feels safe
May 12 new

Someone who can carry an interesting conversation. Nothing worse than the silence being broken with "so, you want some salt?" Yes. I want salt. Two tea spoons, in my coffee thank you.

Heh.

Plus, as other ladies have said, I do like it when men recall what I have said previously and can build on that with their own opinions/stories.

May 12 new

To show up--what I mean by that is to listen actively, look at her, and to invest time and energy into her. Every woman likes to be pursued and wooed. EVERY one. If a man does not ahve money, there are other ways that cost time vs. resources. Be a gentleman and do not play games.

May 12 new
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: To show up--what I mean by that is to listen actively, look at her, and to invest time and energy into her. Ev...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

To show up--what I mean by that is to listen actively, look at her, and to invest time and energy into her. Every woman likes to be pursued and wooed. EVERY one. If a man does not ahve money, there are other ways that cost time vs. resources. Be a gentleman and do not play games.

--hide--

I agree......,ditto!!
May 12 new

Just be yourself, if you try too hard she'll see through it. You're perfect as you are wink

May 12 new

(Quote) Liz-946934 said: You're perfect as you are
(Quote) Liz-946934 said:

You're perfect as you are

--hide--

You got me figured out!

Welcome to the forums.

May 12 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Open ended questions:1) How did you decide to study in you field?2) W...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Open ended questions:

1) How did you decide to study in you field?
2) What led you to the career change?
3) What kind of music do you like?
4) What kind of movies, food do you like?
5) Where do you shop for groceries?
6) What is your take on the way they celebrate Christmas out in Society and the commercialization of all holidays?
7) What book are you reading right now?
8) What kind of books do you like to read?
9) How did you learn to cook/dance/sing/bake?
10)What is your workout routine?
11) Would you like to get together to take a brisk walk sometime?
12) What do you think of Obama?
13) Which are your favorite topics to read about?
14) Do you like photography? people watching? pets?
15) Do you read philosophy? history? literature?
16) Who is your favorite author?
17)How do you pray?
18) How do you listen to God?
19) Have you had any sense of how to tell God's will in your life?
20) Do you like your current job? Whjy or why not?
21) what would you like to do for your dream job?
22) What do you think of technology and it's impact on society and on the world both global and personal?
23) Are you on Facebook?
24) What make you happiest?
25) What is your family background?
26) How long has your family been in the US?

--hide--

Marian, if you haven't already, you could write the 'First Date Success Guide for Compleat Idiots', aimed at men.

Chapter 1: Be interested in HER.

Chapter 2: Treat her like a lady.

Posts 51 - 60 of 67