Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

matches

May 9th 2013 new

Just out of curiosity--when I first filled out my application almost a week ago, I got two matches. I have not gotten another one since. Others tell me they got 30, 40 or more right away. WHat do they base a "match" on and why do some have so few and others so many? Should I expect more?

May 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kerry-970208 said: Just out of curiosity--when I first filled out my application almost a week ago, I got two match...
(Quote) Kerry-970208 said:

Just out of curiosity--when I first filled out my application almost a week ago, I got two matches. I have not gotten another one since. Others tell me they got 30, 40 or more right away. WHat do they base a "match" on and why do some have so few and others so many? Should I expect more?

--hide--

Hi Kerry,, WELCOME to the CM Forums. I'll share with you an answer from a similar question in the "Community Help" forum.

"The mutual matching system involves taking a long test.. The matches are based on communication styles and a bunch of other criteria in your personal profile.."

If you need more info you can submit a Help ticket and ask for a more detailed response. The help ticket can be found by clicking on the "?" icon in the upper right corner near your Name and member #. smile Praying

May 10th 2013 new

Same here.
Old saying: Some days there just ain't no fish.

May 10th 2013 new

I filled out the whole thing, still got only 2 matches and nothing has changed since then, a week ago. Seems like a pretty poor response for the money. I don't think my answers were THAT unusual, my goodness.

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Kerry-970208 said: I filled out the whole thing, still got only 2 matches and nothing has changed since then, a week...
(Quote) Kerry-970208 said:

I filled out the whole thing, still got only 2 matches and nothing has changed since then, a week ago. Seems like a pretty poor response for the money. I don't think my answers were THAT unusual, my goodness.

--hide--

biggrin

Kerry,

Don't feel too bad, I have been on the site for about 3 months and only have about a dozen matches. I've been waiting for more for a couple of weeks now, in spite of multiple searches. I am not in a big hurry though. I want God to help this time!

TTFN!

Jerry

May 27th 2013 new
(quote) Kerry-970208 said: I filled out the whole thing, still got only 2 matches and nothing has changed since then, a week ago. Seems like a pretty poor response for the money. I don't think my answers were THAT unusual, my goodness.
No, you're answers probably weren't. I find CatholicMatch to be an unusual matching site in just the way you have experienced. Certainly completing all the information helped. But compared to Match.com or Eharmony.com, the numbers of candidates just aren't here. If it's numbers you want, try Eharmony. You can request practicing Catholics. I tell you, I must have received 10 matches a day, all within 150 miles of my home. True story: I was so intimidated by the overwhelming numbers, I quit the site! Since I'm not in a hurry (after all, my first effort at marriage didn't end well), I am very choosy. I suspect many members are, and for the same reason - or if they have never married, for a wide variety of personal reasons. Hang in there. If after 6 months you are still unhappy with the action, well, I already told you what site I would try. If it helps, I wish you lived in Michigan. Just kidding (I mean, really? Michigan?). Instead, wish I lived in Texas, but my (our) son is my overriding concern at this time.
May 27th 2013 new
My experience has been just like Jerry's.
May 27th 2013 new
My brother tells me "Your pond is small and poorly stocked."
May 27th 2013 new
Doug, there is an event for Lansing Catholic Singles coming up- the 3rd annual state picnic, ages mid 30's-60's... Saturday, June 29th. Send me a message and I will give you the details. I haven't seen it posted on CM officially but I am emailing the "RSVP" to see if I can post it. You might meet some folks there.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: No, you're answers probably weren't. I find CatholicMatch to be an unusual matching site in just the way you have experienced. Certainly completing all the information helped. But compared to Match.com or Eharmony.com, the numbers of candidates just aren't here. If it's numbers you want, try Eharmony. You can request practicing Catholics. I tell you, I must have received 10 matches a day, all within 150 miles of my home. True story: I was so intimidated by the overwhelming numbers, I quit the site! Since I'm not in a hurry (after all, my first effort at marriage didn't end well), I am very choosy. I suspect many members are, and for the same reason - or if they have never married, for a wide variety of personal reasons. Hang in there. If after 6 months you are still unhappy with the action, well, I already told you what site I would try. If it helps, I wish you lived in Michigan. Just kidding (I mean, really? Michigan?). Instead, wish I lived in Texas, but my (our) son is my overriding concern at this time.
Doug, I didn't have the same experience with eharmony. Of course, I am older, so that may be a factor. But the fact that I'm not in an isolated area makes me wonder how many older men are wanting to go through the trouble of this online dating business. eyebrow
Posts 1 - 10 of 15