Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

May 19 new
(quote) John-220051 said: This guy is also a Catholic. Having attended a Masonic ceremony at one point I can at least say that they explicitly say there is no true religion.
Freemasonry is a cult. A cult is a religion. Thus, he's a member of two religions at once. That simply isn't allowed in the Catholic Church. We can only be a member of the Catholic Church, not another religion as well. So I'd have no qualms about tactfully informing your friend of that.
Jul 29 new

I'm glad someone else is talking about this; people don't understand the connections between freemason rituals and "black magic". You wouldn't believe how many corporate logos are actually of masonic origin.
Aug 01 new
To stay on topic, your friend must refrain from Holy Communion as long as he is a member of the organization. The reason is that the masons are specifically anti-Catholic. It wasn't until the building of Cathedrals stopped, that they took up a stance against the Church as a revolt(that's how communism began). Since then, they have become aligned with occultism and operated against the Holy See to this day.
Aug 01 new
(quote) John-220051 said: My new coworker is a Freemason and it looks like we could becoming good friends. But how do I tactfully discuss my reservations with him about the Craft from a Catholic perspective because the Church still forbids us from having anything to do with it?

I don't want to be a jerk about it, but I don't want to be a pushover either.
Then avoid the subject. Just be his friend. if it ever comes up naturally, state your concerns in as neutral and kind a fashion as possible.
Aug 02 new
Pray the prayer of conversion that Jesus gave us through St Faustina:

"O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus, I TRUST in you."

I pray often for people for a period (sometimes a long period) and discuss it with them later.

Mick

Aug 02 new
Another way to avoid arguments is just to pray for them.
Aug 02 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said:

Why do you feel you need to discuss it in the first place? I know we as Catholics are tasked to evangelize, but I personally do not because it's a great way to lose friends and family. The people I know who are masons do not rub it in anyones face- one is a Rabbi. Unless someone is involved with a dangerous, predatory cult like $cientology, I respect the path they have chosen to walk. Having said all that, some people are open to civil debate about such matters and can remain friends.

I disagree. Jesus tells us in St. Faustina's diary the (paraphrased) "If we are willing to fight our victory is assured." We can use the (again paraphrased) "power of God's word and prayer."

Mick

Aug 19 new
I'm having the same issue with a friend, who has now stopped speaking with me! He can see every cause of scandal but his own membership as a Freemason!
Aug 19 new
smile David, I have to agree with you. I think the first and kindest step to converting someone is being their friend, and thus an example to them. Instant condemnation is no way to help someone...or to maintain a cordial work environment!
Aug 26 new
A person cannot be involved in freemasonry and remain Catholic. It is counter-intuitive to the Catholic faith. Most masons in the lower echelon have no awareness of what goes on at the upper levels. They are kept in the dark about the inner workings of masonry. It might help for you, when the opportunity presents itself, to gently suggest that there may be more to his allegiance than meets the eye.

I certainly would suggest it in as nice a way as i could muster (I tend to be more like an anvil than a hammer, which is also counterproductive). Pray for him and fast and offer him up to our Blessed Mother for his enlightenment. Masonry is insidious, covert and dark. But the good news is that Mama Mary will always crush the head of satan.
Posts 11 - 20 of 82