Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sep 8th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: A person cannot be involved in freemasonry and remain Catholic. It is counter-intuitive to the Catholic faith. Most masons in the lower echelon have no awareness of what goes on at the upper levels. They are kept in the dark about the inner workings of masonry. It might help for you, when the opportunity presents itself, to gently suggest that there may be more to his allegiance than meets the eye.

I certainly would suggest it in as nice a way as i could muster (I tend to be more like an anvil than a hammer, which is also counterproductive). Pray for him and fast and offer him up to our Blessed Mother for his enlightenment. Masonry is insidious, covert and dark. But the good news is that Mama Mary will always crush the head of satan.

Freemasonry is especially dangerous because of how they are able to conceal their occultism. What many people don;t realize is that satanists are all about denying the spiritual nature of the human person and seek to reduce them to the flesh and promote materialism. Interestingy enough, totalitarianism has many of these same ideologies.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a connection between the Freemasons and the Bilderberg Group?
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-560653 said:

or try to get him to Join the Knights of Columbus
No, we have enough Masons in the Nights of Columbus already, especially priests!

Masonry is very dangerous to Catholics, even in this country. NEVER approach a mason with attempts to re-evangelize them by preaching or apologetics when unsolicited; only discuss if he initiates it; some will, and then be careful. The best way to evangelize them is by good Catholic EXAMPLE; that is, the way you LIVE the Catholic faith.

If you don't know how to approach them at this point, you will quickly be over your head. It's best you just give him some good Catholic material dealing with Masonry and let them deal with the incompatibilities internally. Direct them to discussion with apologists who really know what they are doing and have the time to do it right, like Blackburn, Aiken and Madrid and who do it with charity to their person. A simple but clear explanation of what is wrong with Masonic worship alone is enough to trouble them in conscience, based on the oaths they take, if they are truly well intentioned. If their oaths do not bother them, look out; these men are not to be trifled with!

The links that Andrew offers are good ones to explain the essential differences, thus the real dangers. The implications of their oaths are very, very sobering.

We should be careful what we write, even here.
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: No, we have enough Masons in the Nights of Columbus already, especially priests!

Masonry is very dangerous to Catholics, even in this country. NEVER approach a mason with attempts to re-evangelize them by preaching or apologetics when unsolicited; only discuss if he initiates it; some will, and then be careful. The best way to evangelize them is by good Catholic EXAMPLE; that is, the way you LIVE the Catholic faith.

If you don't know how to approach them at this point, you will quickly be over your head. It's best you just give him some good Catholic material dealing with Masonry and let them deal with the incompatibilities internally. Direct them to discussion with apologists who really know what they are doing and have the time to do it right, like Blackburn, Aiken and Madrid and who do it with charity to their person. A simple but clear explanation of what is wrong with Masonic worship alone is enough to trouble them in conscience, based on the oaths they take, if they are truly well intentioned. If their oaths do not bother them, look out; these men are not to be trifled with!

The links that Andrew offers are good ones to explain the essential differences, thus the real dangers. The implications of their oaths are very, very sobering.

We should be careful what we write, even here.
Indeed John. Best discussed in private really. Ill just add and close with the fact that Fr Amorth, former chief exorcist of Rome had a LOT to say about Masonry , even the "mild" masonry of the US..
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Indeed John. Best discussed in private really. Ill just add and close with the fact that Fr Amorth, former chief exorcist of Rome had a LOT to say about Masonry , even the "mild" masonry of the US..
Tim, good point regarding referencing Fr Amorth.
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Mick-929473 said: I disagree. Jesus tells us in St. Faustina's diary the (paraphrased) "If we are willing to fight our victory is assured." We can use the (again paraphrased) "power of God's word and prayer."

Mick

Mick,

Would you please stop what you are doing right now, buy a one way ticket to Syria, get a one way flight (using your US passport) and when you arrive go evangelize the radical Muslims there? or better yet Syria's president...

I am not telling you to go there, but I ask you, with such faith as you have, would you do it?

If your answer is no, than do you realize how your words "I disagree" above put others at unnecessary risk?

I strongly urge you to just stay put and pray, pray, pray. Getting in the face of others who oppose the Church needs to be carefully weighed; souls are at stake...
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Mick,

Would you please stop what you are doing right now, buy a one way ticket to Syria, get a one way flight (using your US passport) and when you arrive go evangelize the radical Muslims there? or better yet Syria's president...

I am not telling you to go there, but I ask you, with such faith as you have, would you do it?

If your answer is no, than do you realize how your words "I disagree" above put others at unnecessary risk?

I strongly urge you to just stay put and pray, pray, pray. Getting in the face of others who oppose the Church needs to be carefully weighed; souls are at stake...
And not just theirs! If you are not prepared for combat, stay out of it!!

Pray hard for those that do engage the enemy head on. They need our support now more than ever!

Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: And not just theirs! If you are not prepared for combat, stay out of it!!

Pray hard for those that do engage the enemy head on. They need our support now more than ever!

Absolutely Tim! Absolutely!!! My son may actually find himself in that theatre, serving under Obama no less, but if he goes I put it in God's hands. He will do his duty. Talk is cheap at these stages.

Please folks, at this point, pray, pray, pray.

Listen to the calls for peace by Pope Francis. Join your prayers to his and the entire Church.
Sep 9th 2013 new
I wonder how many fellow Catholics are aware that the French Revolution was orchestrated by masons.
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: I wonder how many fellow Catholics are aware that the French Revolution was orchestrated by masons.
Well, you are asking in the wrong place, because it's hard to do a poll through a thread. Maybe you will want to present that as a poll question in your profile?

Greg, is there a reason why you don't have a photo posted?
Sep 9th 2013 new
boggled eyepopping boggled Get a Supersoaker with holy water and sray him www.youtube.com
Posts 21 - 30 of 82