Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sep 10th 2013 new
Hi john,
I would have to say I agree with Peter. My father is a mason. Yes, I worry but I pray for his soul and offer things up for his salvation. I can say that it is more like a social club like the Elks or another men's social club. Although, he is not The Grand Poo-Bah as Fred Flinstone was,of his social club..LOL, he has been a mason for many years and enjoys his friends there. My father looks forward to his Monday nights for the social aspects of it and some of the "philosophical and political talks" they have. He was never a Catholic. He was raised in Sineloa, MX., as a 7th Day Adventist and his father was a strict pastor of that church. He was raised with much more religion and Biblical knowledge than I ever was. I am sad that he gave that up but I think being a Mason makes him feel important. He's 68, I am not about to "preach" to him now. He brings up the Bible a lot and quotes Jesus and the Sermon on the Mount as well. All I can do is pray. but as they say "there won't only be Catholics in heaven". He is not anti- Catholic nor is he anti-semitic, although, I think he has many misunderstandings about God." prayer and fasting are the most powerful weapons we have" JP ll The Great. Let us pray for all of our separated brothers and sisters..:)
Sep 13th 2013 new
The Catholic Church has problems with secret societies within the Church itself. For example, the SMOM has to be one of the most sinister organizations in the world.
Sep 13th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: the SMOM has to be one of the most sinister organizations in the world.
If you are going to make such an accusation, perhaps you can explain -- preferably with some supporting evidence.

Sep 14th 2013 new
(quote) Carmel-622850 said: I Befriended a gentleman who is both a Free Mason and Practicing Catholic. I was curious to know why because it has always been my impression that they lack compatibility. Can someone enlighten me?
There are numerous cases of Freemasons infiltrating the Church as part of the grand plan to destroy the Church and create the famous "One World Religion". Perhaps the times have changed and Catholics are entering the brotherhood to destroy the Lodge? (OK I am not being serious).

There is no place for a Cardinal, Bishop ,or priest at the Lodge. May we pray fervently that our clergy will be faithful to the One, Holy Catholic Apostolic Faith rosary

Sep 14th 2013 new
This is scary stuff:

www.youtube.com

I think we need to worry more about our clergy who are wining and dining at the Lodge than those of the laity.

Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: This is scary stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npsGmL8jT-A

I think we need to worry more about our clergy who are wining and dining at the Lodge than those of the laity.

I think you may find it interesting to go back as far as 1990's and take a look at the list of attendees of the Bilderberg Conference.
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Well, you are asking in the wrong place, because it's hard to do a poll through a thread. Maybe you will want to present that as a poll question in your profile?

Greg, is there a reason why you don't have a photo posted?
Perhaps I will post a picture. In the meantime, I am not breaking any forum rules by not having one. If others choose to post one, then that is up to them; if they don't, its also up to them. I don't get offended if others do or do not have one.
Sep 22nd 2013 new
For an extensive video documentary on the history and activities of Freemasonry, which should make the dangers of Masonry plainly clear, see the Church Militant TV Faith Based Investigation (FBI) report: youtu.be

Oct 27th 2013 new
The FBI tape is very useful for my immediate friends, but unfortunately their are a couple of K if C council members that still stand firm that being a Mason is Kosher for Roman Catholics. Does anyone know as to how to inquire a person's status within a 'Secret Society' ?
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: A flip answer is that he thinks he is a practising Catholic. He may go through the motions, but because of the grave sin involved with being a mason, that is all it is going trough the motions.

More probably, he just does not know that a Catholic is prohibited from being a mason. The other problem is that in the US the face of Masonry are the good doing and fun raising Shriners, raising money for many worthwhile charities and causes; the Shriner's circus and children's hospitals.

So the lines get blurred and Catholics, not properly instructed in the faith, fall into that limited vision of Masonry.
Paul and his conspiracy theories. What are the Masons doing behind the faade of the Shriners? Running the Illuminati? Or do the Illuminati run the Masons?
Posts 51 - 60 of 82