Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What delights you?

May 11th 2013 new

Several years ago, Fr. Ross, who was then our pastor, gave a homily on delight.

He spoke about the verse in Psalm 149:4: The Lord takes delight in his people, honors the poor with victory.

Fr. Ross spoke about the word delight and how we delight the Lord. And, what exactly is delight? And, what delights us?

For some reason this sermon and the question have been popping into my thoughts for several days now. Delight is defined as extreme satisfaction, joy, rapture, something that gives great pleasure or even the archaic the power of affording great pleasure. So, I've been pondering the things the delight me:

The belly laugh of a child. Seeing the world anew through the eyes of a child. The deep hearty laughter of men. The fierce hug of a friend. The smile of a stranger. A butterfly flitting about in the yard. A bright wildflower on the side of the road. Gentle, autumn sun gilting ripe fields of grain in gold. A hammock, a breeze and a good book. :-)).

What delights you??

May 11th 2013 new

Finding out someone is pregnant! Meeting someone with a heap of kids, like 4+! A solid debate where everyone is intellectually stimulated. And Transformers.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Finding out someone is pregnant! Meeting someone with a heap of kids, like 4+! A solid debate whe...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Finding out someone is pregnant! Meeting someone with a heap of kids, like 4+! A solid debate where everyone is intellectually stimulated. And Transformers.

--hide--

Thanks Naomi, those are awesome! biggrin

May 11th 2013 new

[quote]Lauren-927923 said:

Several years ago, Fr. Ross, who was then our pastor, gave a homily on delight.

He spoke about the verse in Psalm 149:4: The Lord takes delight in his people, honors the poor with victory.

Fr. Ross spoke about the word delight and how we delight the Lord. And, what exactly is delight? And, what delights us?

For some reason this sermon and the question have been popping into my thoughts for several days now. Delight is defined as extreme satisfaction, joy, rapture, something that gives great pleasure or even the archaic the power of affording great pleasure. So, I've been pondering the things the delight me:

The belly laugh of a child. Seeing the world anew through the eyes of a child. The deep hearty laughter of men. The fierce hug of a friend. The smile of a stranger. A butterfly flitting about in the yard. A bright wildflower on the side of the road. Gentle, autumn sun gilting ripe fields of grain in gold. A hammock, a breeze and a good book. :-)).

What delights you??

[/quote

Children's laughter laughing , the tender look of a child eyepopping, flowers everywhere rose flower , perfumes, my little chihuahua bulldog, chocolate hersheyskiss, tea Coffee and desserts Happy Birthday! Mmmm.... Donut.... cookie a lot of desserts ...oopss:shhh: .

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Martha-945168 said:Children's laughter , the tender look of a child , flowers everywhere , perfumes, my little ...
(Quote) Martha-945168 said:

Children's laughter , the tender look of a child , flowers everywhere , perfumes, my little chihuahua , chocolate , tea and desserts a lot of desserts ...oopss .

--hide--

Ohhh biggrin yes to all and a double yes to perfumes and chocolate :-))))

May 11th 2013 new

Seeing a young family with a gaggle of kids

Those rare times when the temperature is such that you can't even feel the air around you unless there is a breeze

When the fall air smells faintly of window-sill (I guess I spent enough time peeking out of windows as a child that I have a specific smell associated...huh)

and for the geek moment: When a program or method I've written runs, correctly, the first time.

May 11th 2013 new
The smile of a child , dark chocolate on a stressful day, coffee in the morning , a yellow flower , my skipping dog ,a friend that understands , a good instrumental music , a good quiet prayer in church :-) and an "I love you mom " from my kids "
May 11th 2013 new

Spending time with children, playing or doing some other activity. Spending time in Adoration. Reading a good book. Baking. The thrill of trying something new, I loved learning how to ice skate even though I still can't do it right but just trying it was a joy.

May 11th 2013 new

Watching an elderly couple holding hands, hot fudge sundaes, my backyard when it is neat and full of color, Lemon cream pie, pasta, and most importantly, feeling the presence of God.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) David-268379 said: Seeing a young family with a gaggle of kidsThose rare times when the temperature is such ...
(Quote) David-268379 said:

Seeing a young family with a gaggle of kids

Those rare times when the temperature is such that you can't even feel the air around you unless there is a breeze

When the fall air smells faintly of window-sill (I guess I spent enough time peeking out of windows as a child that I have a specific smell associated...huh)

and for the geek moment: When a program or method I've written runs, correctly, the first time.

--hide--

David, your post made me smile :-)

I love the smell of window-sill as well lol. . .especially when you throw open the windows and a storm starts to brew. . .

Geek moment for me: when after spending a couple of hours encased in latex and tyvek, I visualize a PCR and the gel shows that I obtained some ancient DNA. . .as for programming, when I write something in R and it actually does what I want lol I am ecstatic LOL.

Posts 1 - 10 of 73