Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: About searching/hoping/praying for love: proceed with caution, but PROCEED!!!
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

About searching/hoping/praying for love: proceed with caution, but PROCEED!!!

--hide--
EXACTLY!!!! biggrin

May 12th 2013 new

It is interesting how we each interpret the same thing.

I wonder if we take the time to listen and then relisten to the video if we would understand what he meant by what he said.

It’s all stop signs,

the stop sign I heard him speak of was "girls don't like nice guys" 'She, the object of his poetry, had created her own stop sign that prevented her from getting to know him for who he was and prevented her from knowing how much beauty he saw in her.

It’s all lines that shouldn’t be crossed, Often we don't see that those lines we draw should indeed be crossed because they are so unreasonable that we are preventing ourselves from seeing the beauty in each other.

It’s all interpretation that’d been lost in translation, How often have we lost the meaning of what someone says to us or they have lost the meaning of what we have tried to say to them because we aren't really listening to each other or our own "experiences" or "baggage" interferes with seeing the other through Christ's eyes.

Even when the meaning is embossed on something that redefines stop signs, wow, does an emoticon count, no I don't think so.

Something that erases and redraws lines for all the times curiosity gets the better of us, something really "big" enough that curiosity can work it's wonders, it's miracles here and now, beyond our pain and hurt caused by our bad experiences.

But until it gets the best, we test the lines, and miss out on opportunities to get to know one another

Until it gets the best of us, it’s all stop signs.

When childlike curiosity comes us over, gets the best of us, like a child who enters each new day with a bright open heart and outlook,

until then, It is all stop signs.

I want to erase the lines that prevent me from getting to know the people who cross my path. I want to become more Child like - Christ like. Christ didn't turn away from anyone who came to Him, He knew that His Father had sent them. The only lines He drew were in the sand when He wanted to protect a woman from being stoned to death. And He knew what He was doing because He could see into the souls of both the accused and the accusers. I can't. And God asks that I do not look with judgement because it prevents beauty and love from growing and flourishing. So I would really like to erase the lines that are drawn in my life.

That's what I meant, thanks for asking what I meant Ray!

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: It is interesting how we each interpret the same thing.

(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

I wonder if we take the time to listen and then relisten to the video if we would understand what he meant by what he said.

It’s all stop signs,

the stop sign I heard him speak of was "girls don't like nice guys" 'She, the object of his poetry, had created her own stop sign that prevented her from getting to know him for who he was and prevented her from knowing how much beauty he saw in her.

It’s all lines that shouldn’t be crossed, Often we don't see that those lines we draw should indeed be crossed because they are so unreasonable that we are preventing ourselves from seeing the beauty in each other.

It’s all interpretation that’d been lost in translation, How often have we lost the meaning of what someone says to us or they have lost the meaning of what we have tried to say to them because we aren't really listening to each other or our own "experiences" or "baggage" interferes with seeing the other through Christ's eyes.

Even when the meaning is embossed on something that redefines stop signs, wow, does an emoticon count, no I don't think so.

Something that erases and redraws lines for all the times curiosity gets the better of us, something really "big" enough that curiosity can work it's wonders, it's miracles here and now, beyond our pain and hurt caused by our bad experiences.

But until it gets the best, we test the lines, and miss out on opportunities to get to know one another

When childlike curiosity comes us over, gets the best of us, like a child who enters each new day with a bright open heart and outlook,

I want to erase the lines that prevent me from getting to know the people who cross my path. I want to become more Child like - Christ like. Christ didn't turn away from anyone who came to Him, He knew that His Father had sent them. The only lines He drew were in the sand when He wanted to protect a woman from being stoned to death. And He knew what He was doing because He could see into the souls of both the accused and the accusers. I can't. And God asks that I do not look with judgement because it prevents beauty and love from growing and flourishing. So I would really like to erase the lines that are drawn in my life.

--hide--

"Until curiosity gets the best of us" and prods us to move forward, give a chance to someone that doesn't meet all our check marks, who could very well be the person that can love us more than any other, or open our hearts to seeing them in a new light.
I love it!

May 12th 2013 new

Karen, you have brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful!

May 12th 2013 new
Karen, I'm hoping being on CM will provide the opportunity to cross lines that I thought were important to discover who and what is in our great big, beautiful world.
May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: It is interesting how we each interpret the same thing.

(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

It’s all stop signs,

--hide--
It seems that the full meaning isn't evident unless the video is viewed and the narrative is read. The narrative in itself lends a different impression and meaning, and it was that upon which my comments were based.

I hadn't watched the video first, so something may have been missing in the translation.

Thanks for bring forth an additional dimension and another interpretation.

May 12th 2013 new

A few thoughts from others:

Each person map of the world is as unique as their thumbprint.

There are no two people alike.

No two people who understand the same sentence the same way.

So in dealing with people try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be.

The beauties of the beautiful
Are veiled be before the blind,
Not so the graces and the bloom
That blossom in the mind.
The beauties of the finest form
Are sentenced to decay;
Not so the beauties of the mind,
They never fade away.

....and to see for the first time more than once.

Everyone Is God speaking.

Why not be polite and

Listen to Him

To fully see, is to visibly experience Grace.

It is about rediscovering living as a thoughtful human being,

as we were meant to be,

not the mindlessly frantic human beings we have become.

We live three square meals away from anarchy. Silly.

May 12th 2013 new

Thanks Ray! There just isn't enough time in a day to view every video link and I sincerely apologize for not explaining better in my original post!

Kathy! (((((Welcome back)))))

Bart, you have a 'majestic' way of thinking, that is the word that came to me, God's majesty in word. :))

Happy Mother's Day to All!

May 12th 2013 new

Elizabeth, being on CM has done wonders for many of us, well, when our curiosity gets the best of us! Yes, it is one great big happy world somedays!

David, tears are simply splendid aren't they, means we've been moved. And all started by a poet/comedian. :)

Posts 11 - 19 of 19