Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jun 22nd 2013 new
I'd have to say that it is the corruptive effect of such things as determinism, secualrism and relativism. If we are simply animals with needs to be satisfied, then pretty much everything is on the table. If one doesn't believe in God, then the Ten Commandments do not matter. If everything is relative, then whatever for me--whomever I am--is acceptable.
However, the greatest fault (and concern for our culture and the spiritual lives/salvation of our brothers and sister) lies in the denial of truth. At least for millenia, good and bad ostensibly agreed on the existence of it. The pervasiveness of the aforementioned destructive and counter-Christian philosophies has led many to believe that there is no truth. What does this lead to? The denial of truth--whether one realizes it or not--is tantamount to the denial of the Author of Truth: GOD.

If we deny God, we are separated from Him. Sin = separation from God. If we believe that we are here to know Him,, love Him and serve Him and be reunited with Him one day, this disconnect is not good.
Each of us needs to align our hearts and minds--words and deeds--with God, the source of all Goodness and Love.
Let's pray and build each other up!
Praying rosary
Jul 7th 2013 new
perhaps a reason is because they have not read 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 versus 3-5, or taken the time to understand it if they have.
Jul 7th 2013 new
In your search for truth, perhaps reading 1 Thessalonians chapter 4 versus 3-4 can help you to understand the churches position. god bless you
Jul 11th 2013 new
great post, John, and right on the mark. I haven't been here for a bit, and was glad to read your response. May God continue to bless us all, John.
Frank
Jul 22nd 2013 new
Frank, of the women I have met on this site just the opposite is true. It is the men who most likely agree to premarital sex.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Yeah I've had many grill me out for my beliefs which makes me wonder why they came here too. Many people are just culturally catholic I guess and they just want to find someone else who is culturally catholic. Just my guess.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Premarital Sexual Relations The Sixth Commandment: You shall not commit adultery. Why is the Church against premarital sexual relations? Because she would like to protect love. A person can give someone else no greater gift than himself . "I love you" means for both: "I want only you, I want all that you are, and I want to give myself to you forever!" Because that is so, we cannot, even with our bodies, really say "I love you" temporarily or on a trial basis. Many people take their premarital relationships seriously. And yet there are two reservations involved that are incompatible with love: the "exit option" and the fear of a child. Because love is so great, so sacred, and so unique, the Church teaches people the obligation to wait until they are married before they start to have sexual relations. (YOUCAT question 407)
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Yeah I've had many grill me out for my beliefs which makes me wonder why they came here too. Many people are just culturally catholic I guess and they just want to find someone else who is culturally catholic. Just my guess.
Yes, many times on here a few people make disparaging comments or remarks about those of us who believe in and try to follow the teachings of our Church, but those people still want to claim being 7/7 Catholics.
I don't understand why some people continue to stay on CM while saying things like 'God made many flavors, not just the vanilla that certain people think' when people quote the Bible or Catholic Catechism, as if they think the Truths of our Faith are negotiable or unimportant.
We can share our beliefs, and they can vary, but having the Bible and Catechism to show why we believe as we do should not be something to scorn.
Jul 29th 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
Jul 29th 2013 new
I think another reason is that they have already had their big wedding night with someone previously....whether they were married or not; now it's not a big deal to have sex.

Some women have been waiting all their lives, like some men, to spend a night together with someone that they will love forever.
Posts 121 - 130 of 200