Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I think another reason is that they have already had their big wedding night with someone previously....whether they were married or not; now it's not a big deal to have sex.

Some women have been waiting all their lives, like some men, to spend a night together with someone that they will love forever.
Isn't it merely more clearly stated by saying that they don't actually believe that the act done outside marriage will send them to hell...so they don't actually believe what the Church teaches? (I'm not referring to those who fall in weakness, but rather those who, as the OP stated "believe that pre-marital sex is okay.")
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Isn't it merely more clearly stated by saying that they don't actually believe that the act done outside marriage will send them to hell...so they don't actually believe what the Church teaches? (I'm not referring to those who fall in weakness, but rather those who, as the OP stated "believe that pre-marital sex is okay.")
You may be right...it seems like they don't have enough faith in the Bible and faith in God that there is truth in the world.
Aug 20th 2013 new
Well, then...they just need a good spiritual spanking, don't they? May sound facetious but think about it. They put themselves out there, advertised, as secular-minded Catholics (and we all know there is no such animal) and then someone (a real Catholic man) who has good biblical sense, comes out with a question like yours and they read it and it plants the seed in their head that maybe they should "wake up and smell the roses"...that they are selling themselves (their bodies, and their souls) short. And that there are some really good men out there who are watching and commenting on their harlotry! I think it's a great lesson that you are providing here! Bravo!
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: Well, then...they just need a good spiritual spanking, don't they? May sound facetious but think about it. They put themselves out there, advertised, as secular-minded Catholics (and we all know there is no such animal) and then someone (a real Catholic man) who has good biblical sense, comes out with a question like yours and they read it and it plants the seed in their head that maybe they should "wake up and smell the roses"...that they are selling themselves (their bodies, and their souls) short. And that there are some really good men out there who are watching and commenting on their harlotry! I think it's a great lesson that you are providing here! Bravo!
That's awesome. My compliments.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-461057 said:

Once when many of my girls were still teens, I was in a meeting with our priest. He was railing on and on about how provacatively the young girls in Mass were dressing and how he was going to institute a dress code and have A Knight at the door to turn them away it they didnt meet it. He ended his rant with "after all priests are men, too and I don't need to be tempted". I stood up and said "Father, are you blaming these adolescents, who are experimenting with their newfound adult bodies, for YOUR lust?. for your sin? Where do you want these girls to be on Sunday morning, standing outside the church or inside where you and the rest of us can gently and with tact explain how dressing this way can be bad for their souls, for their salvation?. Your attitude may be Catholic, but it is not Christ-like."
The attitude of that priest is often found in the responses to these kind of questions. Of course pre-marital sex is wrong. But the harsh critcism of those who answered the question "wrong" is not Christ-like. He gathered the sinners to him with love and explained how, what and why God wants us to obey his commandments and the reason is always the same; it is for our own good!
Pre-marital sex and the answer to that question hurts no one else on this site except the person who engages in it. I would like to see the responses to that question reflect concern and love for those who misguidedly believe otherwise, instead of anger and recrimination. Pre-marital sex is wrong because it hurts us, it leads to other sin and it leaves us open to self hate, disease, low self esteem and depression. I would like to speak to those honest people who answered "no" to open a dialogue to the practical harm it does, without judging their beliefs. To the men I have spoken to on here who answered "yes" and then talked to me about having sex right away, well you cant change honesty

this is handled in a more Jesus like way at our parish with about 70% compliance...
..I am usually horrified at how this minority of people dress for mass
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Isn't it merely more clearly stated by saying that they don't actually believe that the act done outside marriage will send them to hell...so they don't actually believe what the Church teaches? (I'm not referring to those who fall in weakness, but rather those who, as the OP stated "believe that pre-marital sex is okay.")
i would take it a step further--and say that most don't understand the serious sin of premarital sex. those who know it is sinful and yet persist in engaging in the act are in the worst position spiritually.many believe that premarital sex is ok.Their culpability is beyond our ability to know.
Hopefully more and more people will pay heed to their guardian angels.
God has done many people a great favor by leaving them feeling very empty after the experience of sex outside of marriage.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said: I will keep that in mind when I see "No" - if by that did they mean past behaviors but what is their position now? See, that for me is confusing as (I may be naive) when I read a profile, I am reading who they are at this stage in life - (like if they've had sex before marriage but they don't do it now because of conversion), why wouldn't they pick " Yes"? If a man is no longer a virgin and he's a 7/7 then it's not a big deal for me as I assume that he had a conversion (but then again , with God's grace, I can dig deeper to see if there truly is a conversion).

Also, unfortunately, people also "lie" to lure people in I suppose. Which I think is sad because it is a selfish and deceitful act. Lord have Mercy, protect me for such men.
personally I thought it was their current position which is not mine and I
was full of questions................

also really struggling with getting my mind around 80 year olds
needing to be open to more children to have sex
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said:
also really struggling with getting my mind around 80 year olds
needing to be open to more children to have sex
Think Elizabeth and Zachary.

Is it likely to happen? No. But sometimes God works in very mysterious ways.

Aug 23rd 2013 new
I think it's possible to not accept the Church's teachings but also to try to follow them. I may think it's not completely right, (not accepting it) but because I'm Catholic I try to follow it anyway. I signed up for Catholic, good or bad, and so I'm obliged to follow the rules.

Anyway, that's how I read the questions. I'm open any answer to the questions as long as it involves discussion about the why of the answer.

Pace!
Aug 31st 2013 new
I don't know, but women in general these days seem to a lot more aggressive about everything then they use to be. Now they're even in combat, so they want to appear to be sexually just as aggressive. I don't avoid these women just because I feel I'd like to set them straight and "help them see the light." I haven't yet gone on a date with any of them, but I bet they're all bark and no bite. Premarital sex is definitely not something of which I approve.
Posts 131 - 140 of 200