Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I believe in God. The Word Made Flesh, Jesus Christ, founded a Church on the Rock, with authority to bind and loose.

Not even His Apostles were perfect....I give you Judas, the betrayer, Peter, the denier...and swordsman, James and John, who, represented by their mother were ambitious, Thomas, the doubter...and probably more

There have been troubles in the Church from the beginning, e.g., the division of food amongst the widows and indigent, with the gentiles complaining the jewish widows were getting more. Jerusalem wanting the gentile converts circumcized and Paul and Barnabas going there to argue the contrary......

Some of the Churches Paul established needed frequent correction...etc etc etc

So, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we have a Church led by men, and they have, throughout two milennia, made mistakes, but we survive.

As to annulment, a gift from God, which is a process through which a declaration of "sacramental" or "not sacramental" is made by a tribunal of humans, reviewing evidence and testimony from either liars or truth-tellers with differing perspectives, I'm sure there have been errors.

God will judge those who deliberately lied, and those tribunal members who did their jobs improperly.

None of that takes away from the wonderful gift of God's Love in giving us a Church with the authority to declare that some have made mistakes but they are sacramentally married, while others are declared, for a variety of reasons, to be civilly married, but not as a Sacrament.

I think anyone contemplating the process ought to pray for guidance and understanding and tell the truth and submit themselves to the judgement of the forum God established....as fallible as its human participants make it.

I'm annulled....twice...and grateful

May 11 new
Great post, Frank. I really like your perspective.
May 11 new

(Quote) Frank-797076 said: I believe in God. The Word Made Flesh, Jesus Christ, founded a Church on the Rock, with authority...
(Quote) Frank-797076 said:

I believe in God. The Word Made Flesh, Jesus Christ, founded a Church on the Rock, with authority to bind and loose.

Not even His Apostles were perfect....I give you Judas, the betrayer, Peter, the denier...and swordsman, James and John, who, represented by their mother were ambitious, Thomas, the doubter...and probably more

There have been troubles in the Church from the beginning, e.g., the division of food amongst the widows and indigent, with the gentiles complaining the jewish widows were getting more. Jerusalem wanting the gentile converts circumcized and Paul and Barnabas going there to argue the contrary......

Some of the Churches Paul established needed frequent correction...etc etc etc

So, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we have a Church led by men, and they have, throughout two milennia, made mistakes, but we survive.

As to annulment, a gift from God, which is a process through which a declaration of "sacramental" or "not sacramental" is made by a tribunal of humans, reviewing evidence and testimony from either liars or truth-tellers with differing perspectives, I'm sure there have been errors.

God will judge those who deliberately lied, and those tribunal members who did their jobs improperly.

None of that takes away from the wonderful gift of God's Love in giving us a Church with the authority to declare that some have made mistakes but they are sacramentally married, while others are declared, for a variety of reasons, to be civilly married, but not as a Sacrament.

I think anyone contemplating the process ought to pray for guidance and understanding and tell the truth and submit themselves to the judgement of the forum God established....as fallible as its human participants make it.

I'm annulled....twice...and grateful

--hide--

Thank you for your comments. I am grateful, too, for second chances.

May 13 new

Thanks Meg....sometimes when I re-read something I've posted a day or so later, it seems somewhat ambiguous, so I'm glad you understood my point.

May 15 new

Amen, I agree.

May 15 new

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and perspective. I needed to hear that.

May 15 new

I thank you too! I was a bit down actually because it seems like several people I've told my annulment was affirmed seem to think the right response, after congrats, is to say that the church is giving them out left & right, to anyone who asks. I don't want to hear that or think that. I put a lot of honesty & effort into mine & want to believe it was received and reviewed with the same gusto.

May 18 new
Great insight and perspective, Frank.
May 18 new
(quote) Laura-824866 said:

I put a lot of honesty & effort into mine & want to believe it was received and reviewed with the same gusto.

I agree, Laura. I put eight years of hard work, thought, and, especially prayer (n addition to magnificent spiritual growth!) into filling out my annulment papers.
May 18 new
Very insightful post, thank you. I have been divorced for 20 years and have not thought about annulment until now. I am still single ,I would just like to be free to marry in a Catholic Church.
I have re discovered my Roman Catholic 'roots' again, after being away for a very long time. I ,sometimes, feel odd at my Parish.
I am not seeking annulment because I have someone to marry ,quite the contrary I am 'very' single. I have been for a long time and I feel it is time that changes. Hence, my presence here. I hope God helps me find a life companion. I find it odd that the 'free to marry' on my profile is 'no'.:(
Posts 1 - 10 of 45