Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 21st 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: again, three thumbs up!
A confession: all my feet are left feet!

I hope you included your unique physical features on your profile. Should make for interesting reading, John.... laughing
May 21st 2013 new
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your response.

As to the need for an annulment if you don't have a person in mind to marry, let me tell you of another's experience, which makes sense to me.

A woman I know who is a convert, while taking RCIA instructions was informed by her Priest-Instructor, that the purpose of dating is marriage.....thus simple companionship, is not, I guess, called dating.....and that dating without annulment may not be the best way to operate. She was advised to apply for annulment in spite of the fact that she didn't see marriage in her future. I guess the point is to clear the way for the Holy Spirit to work in you and any male "friends" you might meet. Marriage, after all, is a vocation, and God does the vocalizing, if you will.

I think the application process, in itself, offers a sense of relief, and is probably an instrument of God's grace.
Best wishes on your return to God's Church. I beg of you not to let personalities negatively affect your return. Priests and fellow-parishioners are weak people trying to be God's children. If you feel less than comfortable, maybe you could try another Parish, and/or, ask God's help in easing the situation for you. I'm amking the intention as I type, to pray for your intentions, and your Happy Return in my night prayers.

God bless us all, Victoria....a beautiful woman with a beautiful name.

May 21st 2013 new
Thanks John,

Best wishes
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Ray-566531 said: I hope you included your unique physical features on your profile. Should make for interesting reading, John....
What? No way, TMI does not work and could potentially kill the spark with that special one! You know, I've got two thumbs on my left hand and she has two on the right, and so on...

Hmmm, kkkkkkk, on second thought, your point is most persuasive, Ray.

Ok, when I get off work I will go out, buy a mirror, and I will report here what I see.

May 22nd 2013 new
Ray,

Ooops! Oh, no. I just dropped the new mirror!

It broke, Ray!!!

three thumbs John

------------------------------------------------------------------

To return this thread to its worthy topic, discernment, in regards to the validity of marriage, the process, the outcome, the review and then the aftermath... was most draining and exhaustive...

Afterwards, I recall resignation and having felt an emptiness. It was like the chains on my heart were cut off, all the burdens lifted, and the desire to immediately welcome the Holy Spirit to fill the emptiness was strong.

May 22nd 2013 new
I agree that thinking out and writing down all the answers was a painful, draining, enlightening process. Now I don't know how to feel as I wait, wait, wait for whatever comes next. I would like to move forward with my life, my hopes and dreams, find love with the right man,and 'do marriage right' -- but I'm stuck in the waiting period. It's not really a happy place!
May 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I agree that thinking out and writing down all the answers was a painful, draining, enlightening process. Now I don't know how to feel as I wait, wait, wait for whatever comes next. I would like to move forward with my life, my hopes and dreams, find love with the right man,and 'do marriage right' -- but I'm stuck in the waiting period. It's not really a happy place!
Just keep trusting in the Lord's plan for your life, Rachel. theheart
May 25th 2013 new
Thank you, Carol! Prayer keeps me grounded and positive. I will keep trusting God.
May 25th 2013 new
I can assure you that in the Archdiocese of Detroit you can't "buy" an annulment. I got mine 15 years after I got divorced. Most people thought I already had gone through the process. As a leader in BE, I encouraged folks to start the process with a priest they trusted, and to answer fully all statements. My 'witnesses' were indeed sent forms to fill out once I had submitted my forms to the tribunal.
It saddens me that some dioceses charge for the process. It makes no sense to me. The people who want an annulment probably can't afford it if they have kids, paying catholic school tuition, etc.
May 25th 2013 new
The cost here in Erie diocese is $50 initial and $500 later.
Posts 21 - 30 of 45