Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: You do realize that you are saying that chastity is only for virgins and females, in what...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

You do realize that you are saying that chastity is only for virgins and females, in what you have stated?

--hide--

Marian,
You have probably read the bible more than I have, and you have seen that even angels have fallen because they found the daughters of men to be so totally gorgeous that they couldn't take it anymore, so they came down from heaven and had kids with them. So if God did not even create women for the angels and yet women had such an overwhelming pull on the angels that they had to come down, what about the pull that women will exert on men for whom they were specifically created?
Please understand that I prefer a life of chastity to the life I was unknowingly living back in 2008. I have been chaste since December 22, 2008, patiently waiting for God's help in silence, as the Psalm says. Still, that does not take away the fact that I truly believe that women and men were made for each other in many many ways. How do you fall in love with a woman without feeling the need to kiss her, hold her, and so on?

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I think that you should only be searching for friends on this site if you had a previous...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I think that you should only be searching for friends on this site if you had a previously valid marriage since this is a Catholic site.

I think that most men here that were never married like me would like to have a sex life someday and don't really care how much you liked having sex with your wife...

--hide--

Ronald,

Yes, I had previously a valid marriage. Yes, I am aware this is a Catholic.
I am sorry you were never married and would like to have a sex life someday. I will certainly not get in your way. Please keep looking. Have a good day.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: 7/7 or you're not catholic? Wow the churches would be empty then, of course, except for the few here...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: 7/7 or you're not catholic? Wow the churches would be empty then, of course, except for the few here. Love all and treat them as you want to be treated. Catholic or not.
--hide--

Amen.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacques-961161 said: Marian,You have probably read the bible more than I have, and you have seen that even ...
(Quote) Jacques-961161 said:

Marian,
You have probably read the bible more than I have, and you have seen that even angels have fallen because they found the daughters of men to be so totally gorgeous that they couldn't take it anymore, so they came down from heaven and had kids with them. So if God did not even create women for the angels and yet women had such an overwhelming pull on the angels that they had to come down, what about the pull that women will exert on men for whom they were specifically created?
Please understand that I prefer a life of chastity to the life I was unknowingly living back in 2008. I have been chaste since December 22, 2008, patiently waiting for God's help in silence, as the Psalm says. Still, that does not take away the fact that I truly believe that women and men were made for each other in many many ways. How do you fall in love with a woman without feeling the need to kiss her, hold her, and so on?

--hide--

Jacques, my brother in Christ you have been married and so have I. Now that I am single I believe premarital sex is not for me or for any single Christain for that matter. God has created the desire to love in our hearts. And even though angels have fallen, and men and women have fallen, God calls us to repent and turn away from our sinful desires. To want to have sex outside of marriage is "mortal sin' which can cause us to loose our soul and the soul of your loved one. If we pray and seek God's help, he will help us remain pure. That is the greatest gift we can give our loved one.

If you are truly in love, you will respect your loved one, and you would want her soul to remain pure to attain eternity in heaven. That to me is true love and God gives us the grace if we ask this of him. We need to decide and chose to remain chaste and do all it takes to help ourselves in the manner we conduct ourselves. Flee away from sin. Brother, it is not worth to lose our soul and that of your loved one for a moment of lust.

The giving of oneself totally is a beautiful gift to be given when one is married -and the two shall become one, not before. We are the temple of God's spirit - do not defile this temple of God within you.

God bless you

May 13th 2013 new

It's a decider! I move on. Pre-marital sex is a mortal sin; there's no way to sugar coat it to be ok in God's eye. A woman that doesn't get that is not the one for me.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: Previous sexual experience doesn't make you damaged goods, and doesn't excuse sec...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

Previous sexual experience doesn't make you damaged goods, and doesn't excuse second-rate sexual/ethical commitments.

This is a dealbreaker to me as well. I've done things I regret before, but you pick yourself up, confess, and move on. Regardless of her past, I'm looking for a faithful Catholic woman who either is a virgin or who refuses to let her non-virginity be an excuse to do whatever, as if committing mortal sin once somehow justifies doing so again and again without genuine repentance and penance.

--hide--

I completely agree with this, well said Gary.

May 13th 2013 new

For the most part, I would agree that 7 for 7's should date other 7 for 7's as the sex issue is then off the table. For the person who said 7 for 7 men just lie, well you are quite misguided to characterize all men that way. Having said that, I don't automatically disqualify a 5 for 7 woman. I would like to learn more about why she feels the way she feels. Perhaps I could convince her to change her mind. Even if I couldn't, if she was willing to wait til marriage, I wouldn't hold her views against her or any past sexual activity. We are all sinners so I don't feel it is my place to judge.

But again, yeah, I would just assume date a 7 for 7 and make my life a lot easier....

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: For the most part, I would agree that 7 for 7's should date other 7 for 7's as the sex ...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

For the most part, I would agree that 7 for 7's should date other 7 for 7's as the sex issue is then off the table.

--hide--

There are more than a few CM members with 7/7 profiles that don't wait long at all to play the sex card. Anyone who lets their guard down because they are interacting with a 7/7 is setting themself up for a shock, if not serious trouble.

May 13th 2013 new

Yes, Ronald, person who have married and are without annulment are considered married by the Church. They should proceed with discernment before attempting to date. Friendship here is the best they should hope for. It's a decider.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Now that is funny because I thought she had a thread going about sexually transmitted diseases.....
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Now that is funny because I thought she had a thread going about sexually transmitted diseases....good you cleared that up.

--hide--

Have lil mikie will travel!

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200