Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: (Quote)
(Quote) Onome-119770 said:
Quote:

--hide--

Well, I'll be! Onome! Good to see you again! Have you forgotten how to reply in your years away from CM? wink laughing

May 11th 2013 new

I am afraid that you are correct on all counts.

May 11th 2013 new

It would be sad if she DID remember...
What were you planning to say, Sunshine?

May 11th 2013 new

That's a very balanced and reasonable way to look at it...and I don't think it's self-richteous at all.

May 11th 2013 new
Oops...I meant to type "Indeed NO is the answer for pre-marital sex"...
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:....people with 7/7 faith responses in their profile who are less than honest
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:....people with 7/7 faith responses in their profile who are less than honest
--hide--
And even if they are honest, in the heat of the moment, it's not too difficult to find 7/7 flying out the window.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Can I add some nuance here? I wonder if the question matters more to women to men. I won't have...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Can I add some nuance here? I wonder if the question matters more to women to men. I won't have sex until I am married, but 5/7 is not a deal breaker for me (at least on CM.) The fact that a woman is ok with premarital sex doesn't mean to me we would have sex or even taht she wants to, and as a guy i would not feel threatend by a woman who wanted to have sex before marriage (it would annoy me.) However, I could imagine that women could feel threatend by a man who felt ok with that, and also worry that a 7/7 was lying. Thoughts & Coments?

--hide--

It depends on why she is 5/7? Misunderstanding or struggling with the faith and willing to submit to the faith? No problem. Obstinate rejection of the Church's moral authority (moral relativism)? No way.

May 11th 2013 new
Sometimes I wonder why we have this conversation here. But then I remember that there are babes in our midst who are learning to leave the milk for meat and it helps to aid our communication skills. However if anyone does not care enough to respect their bodies then how can someone respect it. Also why does one just want to be yoked with someone who would hump anyone who is just opened to be humped?
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacques-961161 said: I think this rule applies better to young boys and girls who have lived a chaste life all the w...
(Quote) Jacques-961161 said:

I think this rule applies better to young boys and girls who have lived a chaste life all the way up to marriage, are virgin and are going to get married. Then the "no sex before marriage" has a symbolic significance: when they marry each other, that night, the contract is actually written in the blood of the hymen, and as it is common throughout the bible, there is no contract, no covenant without blood being spilled. In the past, I believe the father of the girl used to keep the bed sheets on which the marriage was consumed (with the blood and all) as a proof that her daughter was a virgin.
In my case, I was already married and I am no longer a virgin. I have a hard time seeing how that no-premarital sex would apply to me, unless the girl I would be in the process of marrying is a virgin.
So I will not lie to myself. I don't know how the priests do it, but I like sex, and if I have the opportunity, at my age, I will have sex before marriage.

--hide--

After reading your posts, Jacques, in which you talk about opportunities, as I woman I think: What if you get married and after sometime your wife goes on a wheelchair, etc. or is pregnant? Would you have sex with other women when you have the "opportunity"? Praying

May 11th 2013 new
Hello Jerry! Good to see you're still keeping all in the straight and narrow path...also good to see the flocks still in fellowship. [Smile on my face] Sunshine. ...
Posts 21 - 30 of 200