Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: Sometimes I wonder why we have this conversation here. But then I remember that there are babes in our m...
(Quote) Onome-119770 said: Sometimes I wonder why we have this conversation here. But then I remember that there are babes in our midst who are learning to leave the milk for meat and it helps to aid our communication skills. However if anyone does not care enough to respect their bodies then how can someone respect it. Also why does one just want to be yoked with someone who would hump anyone who is just opened to be humped?
--hide--

I suspect many aren't looking at it anywhere near this deeply.

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Onome-119770 said: Hello Jerry! Good to see you're still keeping all in the straight and narrow path...also good to see...
(Quote) Onome-119770 said: Hello Jerry! Good to see you're still keeping all in the straight and narrow path...also good to see the flocks still in fellowship. [Smile on my face] Sunshine. ...
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

I'll give you a pass on the reality check for a few days... wink

May 11th 2013 new
thanks Jerry...all being said, I want to believe one is here to encourage others in their Catholic faith or be encouraged. I guess another topic for a different thread. Now back to the subject matter...Pre-marital sex. Is it a decider? NO! As there would be no gift sharing before the event. [Big smile] ♥
May 11th 2013 new
Matt,

The fact that a woman (or man) is okay with premarital sex, even if she will not do it herself, suggests to me that she does not believe all that the Church teaches to be revealed by Christ, or has been misinformed. For me, I am looking for a wife who will help me, and our children (God willing) grow in Faith and come to Paradise, not drag us into the abyss. Remember the chief ends of a Catholic marriage, right?
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Matt, The fact that a woman (or man) is okay with premarital sex, even if she will not do it hers...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Matt,

The fact that a woman (or man) is okay with premarital sex, even if she will not do it herself, suggests to me that she does not believe all that the Church teaches to be revealed by Christ, or has been misinformed. For me, I am looking for a wife who will help me, and our children (God willing) grow in Faith and come to Paradise, not drag us into the abyss. Remember the chief ends of a Catholic marriage, right?
--hide--

Pure wisdom Paul. clap

May 11th 2013 new

For me, pre-marital sex is a decider. I think that the way people view the committment of waiting for marriage is the same way that people view the committment of marriage in general. I respect the institution of Christian marriage and until that point my only committment is to Christ.

All of the people that I know that have waited for marriage have never regretted it and have vibrant, loving, committed marriages. However, I know several people who do regret not waiting for their spouse and they have all kinds of issues in their marriages and some have ended in divorce.

For anyone out their struggling with waiting, either man or woman, trust me it isn't easy in the world that we live in today and if you ever get put in a situation where you want to say no to someone that you care deeply about, you can do it. It's tough and may upset you but trust me, it'll be worth it. I've had to say no before and I've become even stronger for it.

May 11th 2013 new
clap Matt clap Kathy
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: Previous sexual experience doesn't make you damaged goods, and doesn't excuse sec...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

Previous sexual experience doesn't make you damaged goods, and doesn't excuse second-rate sexual/ethical commitments.

This is a dealbreaker to me as well. I've done things I regret before, but you pick yourself up, confess, and move on. Regardless of her past, I'm looking for a faithful Catholic woman who either is a virgin or who refuses to let her non-virginity be an excuse to do whatever, as if committing mortal sin once somehow justifies doing so again and again without genuine repentance and penance.

--hide--

Hi gary,
I am with you 100 % on this. I am damaged goods as you said, bot I CHANGED my life and decided I wanted to live a holy life. So, I went and had an awesome confession, changed EVERYTHING noy just starting to live chasely and have never looked back. Yes, I am a sinner but with the grace of God I will not fall into the devil's trap of mortal sin. Yes, I assume men in my age bracket know whet "no premarital sex means". So, yes, that is a deal breaker for me. I want a 7/7 man. not too much to ask. I am not asking for 1000/1000! If someone doesn't want to be loyal to The Church and her teachings why would he want to be loyal to me?

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi gary,I am with you 100 % on this. I am damaged goods as you said, bot I CHANGED my...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi gary,
I am with you 100 % on this. I am damaged goods as you said, bot I CHANGED my life and decided I wanted to live a holy life. So, I went and had an awesome confession, changed EVERYTHING noy just starting to live chasely and have never looked back. Yes, I am a sinner but with the grace of God I will not fall into the devil's trap of mortal sin. Yes, I assume men in my age bracket know whet "no premarital sex means". So, yes, that is a deal breaker for me. I want a 7/7 man. not too much to ask. I am not asking for 1000/1000! If someone doesn't want to be loyal to The Church and her teachings why would he want to be loyal to me?

--hide--

Just to clarify: my point is that NOBODY is damaged goods. You don't get a second-rate status. Nobody does.

Or maybe a better way to put it is that God calls us all to repentance because we are ALL damaged goods, regardless of sexual experience.

May 11th 2013 new

One of my favorite theology professors said this my freshman year and it stuck with me: the Cross levels the playing field.

Posts 31 - 40 of 200