Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 11 new

Would this be the correct time to insert the quotation:
"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
?

May 11 new

I wonder if this might not be a bit judgemental. Within certain bounds, there is some room for disagreement (save the Cafeteria Catholic comments, and I won't quote my pastor's Taliban Catholic sermon); and just because another doesn't embrace that particular teaching, doesn't mean that one would not respect your/my own convictions. Granted, these SEVEN are teachings of the church, but we are called to set an example and teach as well. This might be something to be addressed UP FRONT where otherwise and attraction or interest exists.

I can attest that my membership and participation here on CM has greatly changed some of my perspectives and deepened my Faith. I have noticed many profiles (among women, of course, as I'm not particularly inclined to the men's profiles - no offense guys!) that indicate they don't except teaching on premarital sex and/or contraception which tenents I have always 'accepted' as teachings, but haven't always understood or agreed with as deeply as I do now (thanks in part to CM!). I'm not going to disregard the interest/attraction I might feel - it might just be the Holy Spirit giving me a role to play in Our Father's Plan.

If I were to offer advise, judge only yourself when faced with these questions; and then give the other a chance - He/She just may be your Intended.

Lord guide our Hearts as we struggle to follow You.

May 11 new
Being that I have experience in this area can honestly it us meant for marriage. Sex without commitment takes away from the significance of it. Leads to downward spiral not only in society but with soul as well. We should not be lead by our carnal desires, sure a lot of things feel good. That is not a reason to do it, wrong is wrong no matter how many times you have done it before.
May 11 new

As for practicality, I imagine that two of individuals can't both be strong all of the time, but at least one of them can be... so for me, yes, it is a decider. For better or for worse, I lose heart when I see "no" next to that question...

May 11 new
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: HI I am starting this new forum after the number of responses to Albert's post, "Send many messages ...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

HI I am starting this new forum after the number of responses to Albert's post, "Send many messages - fail to receive any response"

How many of us here on this Catholic site will not give a second thought to a profile that agrees to premarital sex.

For me it is a deal breaker:

1. I am on this site to meet a man who will help me get closer to my God - my first criteria is a man seeking to love God with all his heart.

2. Premarital sex is fornication <FULLSTOP> It is a mortal sin and separates me from the love and grace of my God

3. True love would wait. That teaches patience and perseverance -qualities that build a good relationship

God bless

--hide--
Not a deal breaker...I will still date him, he will just have to respect my desire to not have sex. If he doesn't respect it, then it's a deal breaker. But some guys realize your the girl they have been looking for and then are willing to wait until they marry you. My girlfriend met her boyfriend at a dating site and he told her that their connection is so strong that he wouldn't try if she did not want to have sex until she got married. You just never know, could pass up the right one....
May 11 new

(Quote) David-870960 said: I can attest that my membership and participation here on CM has greatly changed some of my persp...
(Quote) David-870960 said:

I can attest that my membership and participation here on CM has greatly changed some of my perspectives and deepened my Faith. I have noticed many profiles (among women, of course, as I'm not particularly inclined to the men's profiles - no offense guys!) that indicate they don't except teaching on premarital sex and/or contraception which tenents I have always 'accepted' as teachings, but haven't always understood or agreed with as deeply as I do now (thanks in part to CM!). I'm not going to disregard the interest/attraction I might feel - it might just be the Holy Spirit giving me a role to play in Our Father's Plan.

If I were to offer advise, judge only yourself when faced with these questions; and then give the other a chance - He/She just may be your Intended.

Lord guide our Hearts as we struggle to follow You.

--hide--

I like the different perspective David. Since i peruse a few of the secular sites and see quite a few single Catholic women, I have a hard time believing that those members who choose to join CM, are looking for a Spouse, and who have not marked "yes" to the Premarital Sex question are willfully being "unchaste" but rather may be having a hard time saying Yes to something that they are struggling to abide by. scratchchin Praying

May 11 new

If all other qualities were favorable, and the only thing I was concerned about were his answers about the teachings of the church, I would want to discuss it further with him, to explore his reasons for answering as he did. But, I am such a bleeding heart and always want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt- so maybe I should just pass him by and look for those who answer 7/7 - and really mean it!!!

May 11 new

(Quote) Jan-805954 said: maybe I should just pass him by and look for those who answer 7/7 - and really mean it!!!
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

maybe I should just pass him by and look for those who answer 7/7 - and really mean it!!!

--hide--

What litmus test do you use to distinguish the true 7/7 from the convenient 7/7?

May 12 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Can I add some nuance here? I wonder if the question matters more to women to men. I won't have...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Can I add some nuance here? I wonder if the question matters more to women to men. I won't have sex until I am married, but 5/7 is not a deal breaker for me (at least on CM.) The fact that a woman is ok with premarital sex doesn't mean to me we would have sex or even taht she wants to, and as a guy i would not feel threatend by a woman who wanted to have sex before marriage (it would annoy me.) However, I could imagine that women could feel threatend by a man who felt ok with that, and also worry that a 7/7 was lying. Thoughts & Coments?

--hide--

Perhaps think it through to its logical conclusion.

Say you meet and marry a woman from here who is okay with fornication. You are not. Your relationship is chaste before marriage.

Your new wife, however, still holds firm that fornication is acceptable. You do not.

So then who do you think your future 16 year old daughter will go for asking to get on the pill so she can sleep with her boyfriend?

Its a deal breaker for me. This is a Catholic singles' forum. No one knows better than 2000 years of Popes, Saints, Theologians and God. If people want to risk their health and their souls over a few minutes of naked shenanigans with someone they dont' even love enough to marry, that says all I need to know.

May 12 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Perhaps think it through to its logical conclusion. Say you meet and marry a woma...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Perhaps think it through to its logical conclusion.

Say you meet and marry a woman from here who is okay with fornication. You are not. Your relationship is chaste before marriage.

Your new wife, however, still holds firm that fornication is acceptable. You do not.

So then who do you think your future 16 year old daughter will go for asking to get on the pill so she can sleep with her boyfriend?

Its a deal breaker for me. This is a Catholic singles' forum. No one knows better than 2000 years of Popes, Saints, Theologians and God. If people want to risk their health and their souls over a few minutes of naked shenanigans with someone they dont' even love enough to marry, that says all I need to know.

--hide--

Bingo. I didn't leave Protestantism just to marry a closet Protestant who thinks she knows better than centuries of people smarter than herself -- without ever even engaging their arguments.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200