Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 13 new

(Quote) Paul-960730 said: Thank you Marian. I really appreciate your posting and your encouraging other women to respond to ...
(Quote) Paul-960730 said:

Thank you Marian. I really appreciate your posting and your encouraging other women to respond to this post. I have more to share with you later via posts here and messages.

--hide--

You may find that you will get more variety of responses than you originally thought and your theory as to veracity may have to be set aside.

May 13 new

I am uncertain how helpful a "women in general are looking for" topic would be... because, of course, it comes down to what the woman you're interested in is looking for -- which may fall in with the general expressions of honesty and interest expressed here, but may, of course, not. I can only tell you what I am looking for in a potential husband and it shouldn't be taken as a blanket statement about all of my gender, or even all of my gender on this website.

That caveat expressed, however:

I am looking for someone who is at a place in his life where a relationship can be a priority. I don't want to be an afterthought anymore. I am very through with guys who think of their careers first and their relationships second.

I am looking for someone who can be a spiritual leader in my life (as I am willing to be in his) -- I want someone whose relationship with Christ inspires me to deepen mine, and vice versa. I am looking for someone who is willing to, as Fr. Barron puts it, join me in falling in love with a "transcendent third".

I am also looking for someone who doesn't take life too seriously and can make me laugh -- someone who can see the beauty in creation.

And finally, I am looking for that indescribable feeling, which is that a man would be a good father for any children we might have... (now THAT'S attractive.)

May 13 new

(Quote) Katie-822269 said: I am uncertain how helpful a "women in general are looking for" topic would be... becau...
(Quote) Katie-822269 said:

I am uncertain how helpful a "women in general are looking for" topic would be... because, of course, it comes down to what the woman you're interested in is looking for -- which may fall in with the general expressions of honesty and interest expressed here, but may, of course, not. I can only tell you what I am looking for in a potential husband and it shouldn't be taken as a blanket statement about all of my gender, or even all of my gender on this website.

That caveat expressed, however:

I am looking for someone who is at a place in his life where a relationship can be a priority. I don't want to be an afterthought anymore. I am very through with guys who think of their careers first and their relationships second.

I am looking for someone who can be a spiritual leader in my life (as I am willing to be in his) -- I want someone whose relationship with Christ inspires me to deepen mine, and vice versa. I am looking for someone who is willing to, as Fr. Barron puts it, join me in falling in love with a "transcendent third".

I am also looking for someone who doesn't take life too seriously and can make me laugh -- someone who can see the beauty in creation.

And finally, I am looking for that indescribable feeling, which is that a man would be a good father for any children we might have... (now THAT'S attractive.)

--hide--

I'm looking for the same man you are, Katie. ;-) Though mostly likely (thanks be to God!) he created us with different quirks and physical desires so we shouldn't have to duke it out.

In answer to the topic, all women are looking for something slightly different but overall, we want a strong spiritual man who will lead us and our children to Heaven...not a control freak, not a pansy. Something balanced in between.

May 14 new

Hello Paul , may I ask you that you also please pray for us (especially the women here in CM), thank you.

My profile is still in the works but I'll just copy and paste the part under " I am looking for" :

"A nice Catholic man who is a fellow sinner but has a longing and hunger for God and he is humbled by the beatitudes. He is free to enter into courtship and marriage in the Catholic Church. Someone who puts God first above a career, material things, hobbies, fun activities, vanity,favorite sports team etc. He respects the dignity of all human beings, especially women.I enjoy a good sense of humor also."

Hope that helps. Ultimately Paul, we're all on God's time. God will reveal to us what it is that He wants us to look for in a spouse.

May 14 new

A happy, spiritual man who sees Christ in others.

One with a Christ-conscious mind in all his actions, not a self-conscious mind.

An optimist, emotionally mature, does not dwell on past baggages, ready for a bigger adventure.

One who defines success in life not in material terms, but by being able to do God’s will.

Family and true friends are his real treasures. Heaven and the salvation of souls are his goals.

One who looks forward to more years of fulfilling God’s will, which is Love and Mercy itself, with a cheerful willingness to live a simple life of humble service to others.

May 17 new
Beautiful Post Reena!
May 17 new
Beautiful Post Rosemarie!
May 17 new
One of my favorite poems is The Invitation. It talks about looking for the substance vs. the superficiality. In it there is a line that says " I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back" That's the jist of what I am looking for in a man. I'm a strong woman, I want a man who is stronger than me and respects my autonomy. He also should be patient, because I'm going to find out one way or another if he is, in fact, stronger. :)-
May 17 new
: ) ; ) biggrin mischievous wave
May 17 new
oops.....it should this one wink
Posts 11 - 20 of 39