Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

May 13 new

Praying

May 13 new

theheart Praying hug

Be Not Afraid

Cathy

May 13 new

Joyce many prayers and even more hugs. I know this has been a very hard day. Know that you are surrounded by love, here as well as there. I wish I was close enough to come and sit with you. Lauren

May 13 new

rosary Praying hug

God bless you Joyce and be with you and your daughter in her time of need. I will continue to pray for a complete healing for her

May 13 new

Update: First, thank you all so much for your continued prayers. It helps to know so many people are blessing her with prayers.

Apparently her heart had attached itself to the chest wall (due to previous surgeries), and it wasn't moving well. Her surgeon had to slice it off the chest wall, which caused her heart to ooze blood all over. Her surgeon attempted to stitch a few spots, and the stitches ripped and bled more. Her body was also water-logged from all the extra fluid she was retaining due to her heart failure, so she was oozing blood and fluid throughout the surgery. After the surgeon gave her medication to stop her heart, she oozed so much blood that the medication bled out and her heart kept restarting while she was on bypass - she has a strong heart! Finally the surgeon had to lower her body temperature down to about 65 degrees and stop her heart off bypass in order to do the surgery. There is a possibility of brain damage, but he worked within the "safe" time so we're hoping for the best.

Early on, the surgeon had to thread a catheter through her artery in her groin (to track where she was bleeding from, I think - I'm getting a little confused trying to remember - but she was bleeding everywhere and he was afraid it was coming from her aorta among other places). He repaired her tricuspid valve again (he didn't want to replace it, because he would have had to use a tissue valve). Her mitral valve was crumbling and spongy, the surgeon said she was extremely lucky that she hadn't had a stroke with it falling apart the way it was. Now she has a new metal mitral valve that is working very well!

The actual surgery was finished at 5:30p, but unfortunately she continued to bleed after they restarted her heart and Every time they thought it was stopped, it would start up again. Finally they packed her chest, put a plastic piece between the sides of her sternum to stabilize it, and stitched her chest closed. Her surgeon will go back in in two days to remove the dressings and wire her chest back together. He wants to make sure the bleeding is stopped first. She's not out of the woods, yet, but we're hopeful.

I'm tired and I'm going to go insist (politely) that they let me see my baby now, so goodnight and God bless you all!

May 13 new

hugs and prayers! hug Praying rosary

May 14 new

Praying

May 14 new

Some more good news - my daughter's kidneys were not working well going into the surgery (part of the reason she was so water-logged). They are working very well now! A huge relief. She is still receiving blood, platelets and plasma to replace the blood she's still losing, but it seems like it's slowing down a bit! God bless all of you who dontate - there are people here who have literally saved my daughter's life today, are still saving it tonight and have several times in the past, by donating blood and plasma Praying You all do a wonderful, wonderful thing!

May 14 new

(Quote) Joyce-61410 said: Some more good news - my daughter's kidneys were not working well going into the surgery (part...
(Quote) Joyce-61410 said:

Some more good news - my daughter's kidneys were not working well going into the surgery (part of the reason she was so water-logged). They are working very well now! A huge relief. She is still receiving blood, platelets and plasma to replace the blood she's still losing, but it seems like it's slowing down a bit! God bless all of you who dontate - there are people here who have literally saved my daughter's life today, are still saving it tonight and have several times in the past, by donating blood and plasma You all do a wonderful, wonderful thing!

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying hug hug

May 14 new

Praying you get a good night's rest tonight Joyce. God has her in the Palm of His hand. Keep the faith. Prayers are continuing for both of you. Praying rosary Praying hug

Posts 31 - 40 of 57