Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 12th 2013 new
My family knows I am on here and they do not object. Whether or not they will approve of an LDR, I do not know-up until last week, I thought the question was entirely an academic excercise until I started communicating with someone from Louisiana. Then the worry started coming-how am I going to let my folks know when, if, it comes to our first live meeting. But we are only at the stage of first correspondence, so I don't know how much is going to fly.
May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: they know I enjoy talking to people so for this reason it is fine. Sometimes I wonder why I'm...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

they know I enjoy talking to people so for this reason it is fine. Sometimes I wonder why I'm on this site. LOL

--hide--

There are many ways to use this site and make it work for you.

May 12th 2013 new

If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person?

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person? ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person?

--hide--

In one instance I was worried and I would not repeat that type of instance again. I also have persons call me by cell to check on me and everyone knows where I am at all times in such instances. if I have a family member who cannot handle it - I don't share with them but I use prudence in all of this.

May 12th 2013 new
My family does not take my activities here and at another Catholic dating site seriously. I don't know if they would approve if they actually thought I had a ghost of a chance of finding a spouse.
May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person? ...

--hide--

My friends have given me entire laundry lists of dos and don'ts for actually meeting someone in person. LOL whenever that comes to fruition we'll see what happens.

May 12th 2013 new

They know that you are on this site though Andrew?

May 12th 2013 new

--hide--

I had a guy wanting me to fly to his country and in that case I discerned not to go. In another instance I flew to Las vegas and met someone and even went hiking with him. It was not a match. I sadly knew it immediately. He did like me and I could not see myself with him ever. I have since lowered my expectations and am not terribly adventurous as I was that one time anymore. the persons who are here have changed and I keep everything very low key at this point and from a long time ago onward.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? Are they ok with you meeting someone from this site even if the person lives long distance? I am just wondering.

--hide--

I haven't told my family and only a few friends know that I'm on here. My parents recently went to a wedding of somone that I think met here, so I think they would be OK with it. It's not that I'm concerned about their opinion, with my family, it's more about how I choose to spend my money and the concern my grandparents would have about me being a single mom and meeting people on-line.

May 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: They know that you are on this site though Andrew?

They know that you are on this site though Andrew?

--hide--

They know, but I believe that it is considered a joke. I don't talk about it much, but they all know.
Posts 11 - 20 of 59