Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? Are they ok with you meeting someone from this site even if the person lives long distance? I am just wondering.

--hide--
How funny is this? I had a brief correspondance w/ a fella from my hometown. He goes to the church that I grew up in. We compared notes about our mothers, and he introduced himself to my mom after mass (she has been a mass coordinator there for years). I had never told her that I was on an online dating service! I found the whole thing quite funny and would have given anything to have been a fly on the wall watching/ hearing/ and laughing through all of this! Everyone in my family is fine with this, as long as I am prudent with it.

May 12th 2013 new

It's none of their business.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It's none of their business.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It's none of their business.

--hide--
I agree Marge, and that's why I never asked their "opinions," but I have listened to their concerns.

May 13th 2013 new

Not this particuar site, no, but other dating sites, yes, they are aware that I often "date" people from the internet... which here lately has meant mostly going to coffee once and then deciding there's nothing there.

Their reactions have been mixed: my brother and dad worry about my safety. Mom is cautiously optimsitic but also worried. My twin sister thinks she should have veto power...

Mostly, though, I point out that I teach preschool and go to a parish that is mostly young families... I don't meet single guys in my day-to-day life, and feeling strongly that motherhood and marriage is my vocation, I should persue that using all the avenues available to me.

That usually quiets them down.

May 13th 2013 new
My mother and aunt told me that I am taking a great risk and to be careful. My mother told me to stay off the internet. biggrin
May 13th 2013 new

Your mother thinks you are a child?

May 13th 2013 new

I don't even tell them.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person? ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

If they know that you are on this site do they worry about you meeting someone in person?

--hide--

Yes, naturally, they do, but they just tell me to be very discerning, to pray about it, and correspond for a little while before actually meeting them in person. I couldn't agree more, and so as long as I'm careful, they're alright with it. :)

May 13th 2013 new

Hi Kathy:

Yes, they know. The younger ones (my kids, nephews and nieces) are all for it and find it very natural. I have shared a lot with my mom on this, which has made us closer. They are happy that I'm even open to the prospect of marriage.

They would not very happy with me having a LDR, but they are practicing Catholics and understand that I'm open to follow Our Lord where He leads. Who knows? I might not be the one who will move overseas!

It's good to read how others deal with this issue. Thanks for starting it.

hug Mari

May 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Your mother thinks you are a child?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Your mother thinks you are a child?

--hide--

Hi Marge,

It sounds like that... laughing but no,it's because she doesn't know anything about computers, and she listens to the news and hears all kinds of bad things that happened over the internet.
Posts 21 - 30 of 59