Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 13th 2013 new

Nobody knew about me being on here excpet my confessor and one of my closest friends, that was until my first f2f. To make a long story short, my father understands me. But my mother thinks anything online is "unnatural" and says that I'm using "fake and artificial" means to rush what God wants. She thinks things ought to happen randomly as they did for her and her mom. I tell her that maybe back then, society was different and a random person you met on the street was more likely to share your values, but not anymore. Well, whether I meet the right woman here or offline, I know there's going to be a lot of disapproval from my mom anyway. We just have our disagreements.

May 13th 2013 new

My family knows and are fine with it, but naturally, there's some concern with long distance as it hasn't worked out yet, and is easiest if two people met, one had to go away for a time, and then is able to come back. However, God works in mysterious ways and things happen for a reason, so I'm hopeful. :)

May 13th 2013 new

The month after I joined this site my mother said, "you work too much, so I think you should get on Catholic Match or something like that," at which point I informed her of my membership. She is supportive...as long as I don't leave the East Coast, but we shall cross that bridge if/when I come to it. ;-)

My sibs are all younger (ages 12-20), and they think it's hysterical. rolling eyes They love to sit around and vote for different profiles...hence the reason that I now get on in the privacy of my own home. They would love me to move somewhere else so they can come visit.

My friends seem to think that this is a last resort and that I shouldn't get on unless I'm desperate. They then say that they can't understand why I'm not married yet, to which I respond "uh...hence the website."

May 13th 2013 new

My parents know, but that's because I introduced them to a lady that I met on this site. They don't specifically know its a dating site, but they do know about the forums, etc.. At the time of introducing them we were friends trying to figure out if we could make the distance work, and in the end decided that we couldn't.

I didn't make a specific point of saying anything because I honestly believe it's nobody's business. I'm almost 40, living on my own, and it's my credit card that's paying the subscription fee. I'm sure my parents would have concerns about distance because my younger brother lives on the other side of the country (I'm 45 mins away from my parents) and they are getting older, health is declining, and they do require more assistance. That would be my Mom's biggest concern.

May 13th 2013 new
Yes, some of them know that I am on this site. They are either too invasive, or too negative about any online dating that I do. But the pessimism is due to reluctance to depending upon lesser known means to meet people, e.g., people who wouldn't use email, probably wouldn't be successful with online dating.

Whatever anyone thinks doesn't really matter so much, as it is my life, and my relationships.
May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? ...

--hide--

I never thought much about it.

I'm more concerned that the women CM members know that I'm on this site,

and that they're accepting of it. smile

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Your mother thinks you are a child?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Your mother thinks you are a child?

--hide--

Moms think: "Once a child, always a child."

- which is technically true. smile

May 14th 2013 new

My father, a Church of Christ preacher, is actually quite fine with me being on here. So is my secular mother.

Yeah, there's a story there, but that's not what the thread is about. :)

May 14th 2013 new

My one sister suggested to go on this site a while ago when she saw an ad in our bulliten. I am not sure if anyone knows besides my brother in law

May 14th 2013 new
My parents are deceased, but if they were alive and I doubt I would mention.
Posts 31 - 40 of 59