Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? Are they ok with you meeting someone from this site even if the person lives long distance? I am just wondering.

--hide--

Yes, my children know that I am in this site, my girls are happy when I receive a message from CM. My mom suggests to meet people face to face and do not waste time on the computer.

May 16th 2013 new
when our avenues for meeting people are limited, then the online sites are the way to go. I know a couple who met and married from an online site. they have been married for nine years!
One time I met a High School classmate that I never knew in school from an online site. we were not a match though so that didn't work out for us. we did attend one of our Reunions together though so that was nice to be able to share those times together.
He married his long time girlfriend who he worked with. He was only married two years when I found out he died suddenly from a heart attack.

I have another friend who met his 2nd wife online. His photo is on my profile page with his 2 daughters. we have known each other for over 20 years.

May 16th 2013 new
This is why you keep your own counsel.
May 16th 2013 new
mischievous I hope Mom has a list of people she's going to introduce you to so you can do the F2F.
May 16th 2013 new
My sons, siblings, and friends are all supportive. Most applaud the Catholic orientation, and are impressed when I tell about the many articles and Faith building links. One lady I met ... we were Skyping, and my sister happened to be in town, so they "met" and talked a while, and then my younger son also spoke with her a bit. My sister afterward said, "Hey! She's a keeper!!" I was preparing myself for the distinct possibility of moving across the country to grow the relationship as we each worked on our annulments.

I feel like I have a whole set of new friends, and I look forward to completing my annulment, and the possibility of finding that Someone Special here if God Wills it.
May 16th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: My sons, siblings, and friends are all supportive. Most applaud the Catholic orientation, and are impressed when I tell about the many articles and Faith building links. One lady I met ... we were Skyping, and my sister happened to be in town, so they "met" and talked a while, and then my younger son also spoke with her a bit. My sister afterward said, "Hey! She's a keeper!!" I was preparing myself for the distinct possibility of moving across the country to grow the relationship as we each worked on our annulments.

I feel like I have a whole set of new friends, and I look forward to completing my annulment, and the possibility of finding that Someone Special here if God Wills it.
So, David, is this someone special on the East Coast still special?
May 17th 2013 new
My family knows I'm on this site and they're accepting of it. At least, I haven't heard anything negative from them.
May 17th 2013 new
I have not told my parents...just some of my adult children...I don't think they understand the networking and support. They are fallen away however, so I understand their lack of understanding. I would not want to try to find a spouse or the comradery we have here, generally in the world. My parish is very conservative however most members are married and not all believe as I do so there is something missing in friendships with them. It is just not the same. I love CM. It has been such a lifeline and blessing.
May 17th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I hope Mom has a list of people she's going to introduce you to so you can do the F2F.
Ha ha ha ha Marge it is funy! She means once a met somebody on the computer I should meet him F2 F soon and not spend months chatting on the computer.
May 17th 2013 new
- and maybe your sister knows too. smile
Posts 41 - 50 of 59