Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 16 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: "...and left the Catholic Church for a Christian Church." I know you didn't mean it that way, but...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

"...and left the Catholic Church for a Christian Church." I know you didn't mean it that way, but this is a common view of some Christian fundies who say 'Catholics and Christians', instead of 'Catholics and other Christians.'

--hide--

Haha Peter. Yes, I meant "Catholic Church for another non Catholic Christian Church". I have nothing against Christian Churches, but they are not Catholic. There are also many (non Catholic) Christian churches here who are anti Catholic and LOOOOOVE to steal Catholics away from the faith. I think that's partially why I'm so upset my friend left for one of them. But that's another thread.
May 16 new
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: On a slightly random note, is Islam so very popular in Europe?? When I was there last year, my best friend ...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

On a slightly random note, is Islam so very popular in Europe?? When I was there last year, my best friend (of France)- a very staunch Catholic from a very good family, told me the sad tale of her elder sister who had run away with a Muslim guy and was probably practicing Islam. It's so sad.. after fighting to keep Islam contained in the Crusades, etc, it begins to overrun us.

--hide--

That is such a good question. I don't see the attraction.
May 16 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

That is such a good question. I don't see the attraction.
Islam is increasingly popular around the world. Many articles I've read suggest people are attracted to the rigor of the Islamic prayer life and outward signs such as the hijab.
Posts 21 - 23 of 23