Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Naomi, my point re gun violence was not related to numbers, rather the fact that kil...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Naomi, my point re gun violence was not related to numbers, rather the fact that killing a 6 year old child is a horrific crime (no arguments there) but killing an 8 week child in the womb is somehow acceptable, or somehow not murder. It's just getting rid of cells, etc..

I saw a great pro-life video earlier this year, and 95% of the video came from Obama's gun speech. It was a huge irony, but I really liked it because there is hope that people will start to conclude that murder is WRONG if it's done with "medical equiptment" inside the womb, or a gun outside the womb.

--hide--

Ahh, I see what you mean.

It is a funny argument isn't it, the whole 'Just a cluster of cells".

I mean, isn't that what I am, what you are, what foetus is?

Well, cells and about 75% water.

Of course, shows a gross misunderstanding of biology. I had to explain to a nurse the other day that an 8 week old foetus was fully formed, with a heart beat at 18 days and brave waves at 4 weeks.

Some people just don't want to acknowledge the truth. It makes them too uncomfortable. I mean, imagine being pro-abortion one day, doing abortions maybe, having an abortion, looking at foetus as some non-human blob, to then going to be pro-life. Millions of dead children who's deaths you supported. That's a hell of a weight on the ole conscience.

I think its a whole ignorance is bliss thing.

Its why I admire the likes of Dr. Bernard Nathanson and Abby Johnson. They did terrible things. Ghoulish things. but they reptented, and while their sin of abortion [many, many abortions] has been wiped clean by Christ, they still have to live with the realisation of what they did.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Thank God! You reap what you sow.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

Thank God! You reap what you sow.

--hide--

In the end, yes.

The cry to heaven of so many innocents killed; killed by those who are selfish and overindulgent.

The act of abortion defies all logic, reason, common sense, charity.... humanity.

Margaret Sanger and her enablers! The lunacy of it all!!!

Hitler took lessons from her in the thirties.

Our nation is duped by her legacy (PP).

Where are the Jews who say "never again" about Holacaust?

Where are so many Catholics?

Gosnell; he should not be granted the death penalty. He should be given the last chance to come to terms with what he's done. If not, he will get his just reward soon enough. Prayers are needed for this poor excuse of a man, but nevertheless needed.

May 15th 2013 new

Nope, I can't support the death penalty and in this case it would be too easy. This man is the epitome of evil and those that overlooked his deeds should also be held accountable. It is an answer to prayer that he will not be harming any more women and their children. I pray for the mothers, the innocent babies and for all those that were surprised by the verdict. It brings attention to the hideousness of abortion and for anyone to think a fetus is not a living being is not paying attention.

The best video I've seen that actually changed people's perceptions was comparing Hitler to abortionists. The lives that were/are destroyed in both cases is insanity.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Nope, I can't support the death penalty and in this case it would be too easy. This man is th...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Nope, I can't support the death penalty and in this case it would be too easy. This man is the epitome of evil and those that overlooked his deeds should also be held accountable. It is an answer to prayer that he will not be harming any more women and their children. I pray for the mothers, the innocent babies and for all those that were surprised by the verdict. It brings attention to the hideousness of abortion and for anyone to think a fetus is not a living being is not paying attention.

The best video I've seen that actually changed people's perceptions was comparing Hitler to abortionists. The lives that were/are destroyed in both cases is insanity.

--hide--

Dear Cathy,

I agree with what you say but would add that men are affected too, as I am sure you know, not just women and children. Men have been left out of the equation or brushed aside all too often. I am not faulting you; please don't misunderstand me. I just want to add to what you say. And as strongly as I agree that Hitler was such a mass murdering monster of a man, and well vilified, those that (justly) vilify him most I think have selected as a darling one of his key enablers in the hideous, no, demonic ideology of it, Margaret Sanger, a woman, an American, and of Catholic root, bloodlines at least. I still can't comprehend her venomous response to objectors of her time and her passion for the blood of the innocents. She utterly rejected the true value of life, in spite of so many pleas. She was in part influenced by the trauma and abuse (sometimes rape) her mother went through with her and most of her children who were still-born, miscarried or died shortly after birth and early years. More so, her hatred was fueled and funded by some extremely evil men with their own agendas and insatiable sexual appetites. Readers, please Google her to get a better introduction into her life and workings if you are not familiar. The pro lifers really aught to dig up her books and start re-printing them for posterity. The books (her words) will make the most pro-abort stop in their tracks. And to think of the Obama administration making such phony pleas (to show, for example, their concern of some schoolchildren) all to hide their true designs, while they intentionally pass laws that so forcefully enable the killing of so many millions! Where is the sanity?!!!

Mary most merciful Mother of God, please offer our petitions and our pleas to your most beloved Son... bring an end to legalized aboortion!

I think I need a walk this lunch time, rosary in hand...

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Of course, I'm sure they'll appeal.
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Of course, I'm sure they'll appeal.

--hide--

I saw today that he waved his right to an appeal in order to avoid the death penalty. Ironic, all of a sudden when it's his life on the line he's pro-life!

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-971967 said: Dear Cathy,I agree with what you say but would add that men are affected too, ...
(Quote) John-971967 said:

Dear Cathy,

I agree with what you say but would add that men are affected too, as I am sure you know, not just women and children. Men have been left out of the equation or brushed aside all too often. I am not faulting you; please don't misunderstand me. I just want to add to what you say. And as strongly as I agree that Hitler was such a mass murdering monster of a man, and well vilified, those that (justly) vilify him most I think have selected as a darling one of his key enablers in the hideous, no, demonic ideology of it, Margaret Sanger, a woman, an American, and of Catholic root, bloodlines at least. I still can't comprehend her venomous response to objectors of her time and her passion for the blood of the innocents. She utterly rejected the true value of life, in spite of so many pleas. She was in part influenced by the trauma and abuse (sometimes rape) her mother went through with her and most of her children who were still-born, miscarried or died shortly after birth and early years. More so, her hatred was fueled and funded by some extremely evil men with their own agendas and insatiable sexual appetites. Readers, please Google her to get a better introduction into her life and workings if you are not familiar. The pro lifers really aught to dig up her books and start re-printing them for posterity. The books (her words) will make the most pro-abort stop in their tracks. And to think of the Obama administration making such phony pleas (to show, for example, their concern of some schoolchildren) all to hide their true designs, while they intentionally pass laws that so forcefully enable the killing of so many millions! Where is the sanity?!!!

Mary most merciful Mother of God, please offer our petitions and our pleas to your most beloved Son... bring an end to legalized aboortion!

I think I need a walk this lunch time, rosary in hand...

--hide--

Thank you, John.
Of course men are just as responsible/irresponsible as women and should be included in our prayers.

May 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-793888 said: I saw today that he waved his right to an appeal in order to avoid the death penalty. Ironic, all of a...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

I saw today that he waved his right to an appeal in order to avoid the death penalty. Ironic, all of a sudden when it's his life on the line he's pro-life!

--hide--
During his trial he was held in solitary confinement for his safety, I'm glad that he pleaded for life in prison, just hope that he is put with the general population.
May 16th 2013 new

www.foxnews.com

Posts 21 - 28 of 28