Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 13 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Alas Kathy my garden does not grow. . .Lauren the Plague of all things with roots. . .<...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Alas Kathy my garden does not grow. . .Lauren the Plague of all things with roots. . .

But, clever ideas for stumps --- carvings, chairs, tables and planters on their own right. . .

--hide--

Don't feel bad, Lauren. I tend to neglect my plants. Heck, I was worried my children wouldn't grow under my absent-mindedness! But they and my perrenials are all doing well!

I like the planter ideas. Thank you!

May 13 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: "Clever Ideas for Stumps"---great title..... for a coffee stump book?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

"Clever Ideas for Stumps"---great title..... for a coffee stump book?

--hide--

LOL. I always wanted to make a coffee table book of unique mailboxes and the stories of the people who built them. I've seen some beauties!

May 13 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: LOL. I always wanted to make a coffee table book of unique mailboxes and the stories of t...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

LOL. I always wanted to make a coffee table book of unique mailboxes and the stories of the people who built them. I've seen some beauties!

--hide--
Wanted to get one of those metal mailboxes that look like a fish, but the ones I found were too expensive for a non-permanent home (besides this sun bleaching off the paint). Book title: "You've Got Mail" (rolling eyes), "Delivered!" (eyebrow), "Special Delivery" (scratchchin). Can't think of any other title suggestions right now--I must be stumped! laughing

May 13 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: You have lucky neighbors, Dave! It sounds delicious.

You have lucky neighbors, Dave! It sounds delicious.

--hide--
I would glady share with you too.

May 14 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I would glady share with you too.
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

--hide--

How thoughtful of you! In that case, please save a few tomatoes for me. Homegrown tomatoes are a piece of heaven on earth!

May 14 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: since I started putting coffee grinds in the water that I feed my plants, the plants have blossom...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

since I started putting coffee grinds in the water that I feed my plants, the plants have blossomed. They are stronger and healthy looking.

I bought a small stump that had been made into a jewelry box with a secret drawer while I was in Colorado.

--hide--

I had a friend that used to dump her cold coffee in her plants. They fared well, too.
I love how creative people can be!

And, Connie, it's good to see some returning faces with new pics on CM. I hope you are well. :-)

May 14 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Dave-24315 said: I would glady share with you too. ...

Quote:
Dave-24315 said:

How thoughtful of you! In that case, please save a few tomatoes for me. Homegrown tomatoes are a piece of heaven on earth!

--hide--

Oops, sorry, Dave. I'll have to go knocking on Therese's door for tomatoes...you're growing all the other goodies! I can bring some strawberries to go with that spinach!

May 14 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Oops, sorry, Dave. I'll have to go knocking on Therese's door for tomatoes...you&...

Oops, sorry, Dave. I'll have to go knocking on Therese's door for tomatoes...you're growing all the other goodies! I can bring some strawberries to go with that spinach!

--hide--

Just come a knockin' Kathy, I'll be happy to share with you and anyone else :)

Maybe we should get together and have a garden party and make a wonderful meal with a combination of everyones goodies!

May 15 new

I worked in a nursery/garden store last year and I'm looking forward SO MUCH to a day when I have a house and can have my own garden :)

May 15 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Just come a knockin' Kathy, I'll be happy to share with you and anyone els...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Just come a knockin' Kathy, I'll be happy to share with you and anyone else :)

Maybe we should get together and have a garden party and make a wonderful meal with a combination of everyones goodies!

--hide--

Awesome idea! I'll bring the flowers for the table.

Posts 11 - 20 of 41