Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I think it has something to do with Selma Hayek not returning my phone calls.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I think it has something to do with Selma Hayek not returning my phone calls.

--hide--
Tom, that's because she's busy talking to me...in my dreams!

May 14th 2013 new

It sounds to me like a one-sided judgment call. Maybe you're putting words in her mouth?

When you say this, are you basing it on your perception of her asperations, or does she come right out and say, "You don't meet my standards for this, that, and the other"? scratchchin

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: www.youtube.com
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Story of my life in a song!

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Tom, that's because she's busy talking to me...in my dreams!
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Tom, that's because she's busy talking to me...in my dreams!

--hide--

Thanks a lot, Peter! With you as competition I don't stand a chance. irked

May 15th 2013 new

I've always understood it to mean, and it generally is implied this way in NZL, that the woman was really attractive, intelligent, had a great job, was from a great wealthy family [or something else] and the guy was not.

I've also heard in the context of religion. I knew a really devote Baptist girl that a tom cat of a boy was trying to date, a mutal friend told him "she's way out of your league".

May 15th 2013 new
I'm a member of the Human League. If he is human, we are in each other's league.

<---- Not interested in intergalactic interleague play. tongue :today::spock:
May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a member of the Human League. If he is human, we are in each other's league. <---- ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I'm a member of the Human League. If he is human, we are in each other's league.

<---- Not interested in intergalactic interleague play.
--hide--

Wow, I wondered what happened to the blonde lady in the Human League, Dawn! www.youtube.com ("Human" by the Human League)

Little did I know that after your music career, you moved to northern Kentucky! laughing duck

OK, I'll muted ...for now. raspberry

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I think it has something to do with Selma Hayek not returning my phone calls.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I think it has something to do with Selma Hayek not returning my phone calls.

--hide--

I feel for ya, Tom! Jennifer Aniston won't return my calls either... laughing

May 15th 2013 new

It means there is no way you think she would ever go out with you. I've come to learn that guys would be surprised at how wrong they often are about this.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It sounds to me like a one-sided judgment call. Maybe you're putting words in her mouth?<...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It sounds to me like a one-sided judgment call. Maybe you're putting words in her mouth?

When you say this, are you basing it on your perception of her asperations, or does she come right out and say, "You don't meet my standards for this, that, and the other"?

--hide--

My ex-husband told me, after we divorced and I was getting closure on everything, that he wasn't good enough for me, which is along the same lines. For him, he was intimidated by the fact that I had a college degree, my dad has an engineering degree, my mom has a masters and my brother has 2 undergrad degrees and a law degree. No one in his family went to college. His dad was illiterate, he barely graduated High School.

I told him, while we were dating, that there were only a few things that I wanted when/if I got married. I wanted to be able to stay home with my kids, which ment that he would have to be able to provide for the family, I wanted to get married in my church in Chicago (my grandparents couldn't travel and I wanted them to be there), I wanted to raise my children catholic and I didn't want to raise them in California. The fact that he didn't have a degree did not impact any of these things as long as he was willing to work hard. I don't need a fancy car, exotic vacations and a big house. It's not what is important to me

Peter said that he felt that not having a degree made many women out of his league. For me, that's just one thing I look for. It's not a deal breaker. If the next Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs knocked on my door, I would totally overlook the fact that they don't have a college degree. wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 49