Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: However, I think it's more common for a man to say this to resign himself to failure to woo a ...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

However, I think it's more common for a man to say this to resign himself to failure to woo a woman. That is not healthy. Saying you're not good enough is a copout that doesn't help.

So, in short: saying you don't deserve her, but she gave you her heart because God is extending to you that grace you don't deserve = good.

Saying you don't deserve her, she rejected you, and God is therefore withholding grace you don't deserve = bad.

--hide--

Gary, I like how you put this. I'd never considered it in those terms "resigned himself to failure" I've heard that a lot and it has always frustrated me because I have decided I'm there/in it, obviously. But I do know that I'm a tough act to woo as well since I'm so rational. I really appreciate your explaination. (ahhhhh - light bulb) :) Thank you

May 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I was wondering who would post that song for me! That's what I'm talking about! Hi Steve!...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I was wondering who would post that song for me! That's what I'm talking about!

Hi Steve!
--hide--

Back at ya, Dawn! highfive

Couldn't help it. 80's and 90's pop was a lot of fun, wasn't it? note

May 16th 2013 new
(quote) Richard-632838 said: Great response Leyden! While the phrase usually has negative connotations, as you put it, it could just mean recognition of some form of incompatibilty between ourselves and that other person. It can actually be a very mature response, though bad choice of words, for someone who truly knows who they are and what they are looking for. Rather than an "I'm not good enough", it can be "we are at different places that will probably never intersect" (Had to throw in a geometry reference as I teach it ) It would not surprise me if you had or are on good terms with a spiritual director.
Dear good soul,

I fully expect a mathematician to grasp my point! Math, I understand, is like love: a simple idea but it can get complicated. Yes, good soul! You absolutely grasped my meaning. There is peace to be found when we understand ourselves. There is a freedom to admiring someone even, and also recognizing that you are in different places.

I am on good terms with several spiritual directors, and especially with my own. He doesn't have an easy task of helping bring an inquisitive, thirsting little soul to heaven! Pray for him.

Now I'm hungry. I'm going to get Pi. biggrin

In Christ,
Leyden
May 17th 2013 new
I always heard it in the context that he/she isn't nearly as handsome or beautiful physically as him/her. That's just how I've always heard and viewed though! Not so much social class, but physical attractiveness or even intelligence.
May 17th 2013 new
Yes
May 19th 2013 new
Thanks Matt- my brother has told me for some time that "the pond is small and not well stocked." I've decided to take that as a compliment! I would rather be single than compromise my morals, values or principles. I like what I do in my career, and I am good at it. God is taking care of the rest- but in his time :-)
May 20th 2013 new
Or " you are just too good for me" what does that mean? How can anyone be out of your league or too good??? I think it is just a nice way of saying I am not interested in you.
May 20th 2013 new
I've never said or thought that about anyone. . . . I have said "she's too young," but not out of my league. (Says the man who, as the lowest ranking non-commissioned officer, crawled over the heads of several first class petty officers to have pay authority and be the Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge).
May 20th 2013 new
OK you want some Pi? Here ya go! 3.14159265358979 I think it's best warmed up with a dollop of Fibonacci on top. Enjoy
Posts 41 - 49 of 49