Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 14 new

(Quote) Mike-905381 said: youtu.be Unbelievable that they are trying to pass this off as funny...
(Quote) Mike-905381 said:

youtu.be

Unbelievable that they are trying to pass this off as funny.

--hide--

Yeah, I agree. I think it is in bad taste. It's sad that things like this are so common that it's just seen as something funny to be looking at a woman in the privacy of her home. There are so many levels of this that are wrong too. I know kids do things like that and sometimes do not know that it is wrong, which is why it is good to teach about it, but it's not good to have these types of things "celebrated" on commercials. The dad doesn't give the message that the kids are in trouble or anything though, so I can see that other kids would think this is just fine. : ( I can barely see the connection to the insurance too. Ugh!

May 14 new

(Quote) Mike-905381 said: youtu.be Unbelievable that they are trying to pass this off as funny...
(Quote) Mike-905381 said:

youtu.be

Unbelievable that they are trying to pass this off as funny.

--hide--

I wonder if it will get some reaction from parents. Like what someone said here, it is in bad taste. It gives the wrong message about how women are to be treated by men of all ages. I agree with Lauren that it is also a teaching moment but the ad in a way, downplayed that also.

The whole marketing of it though does not sit well with me. Geico is funny. Progressive is too (esp with Flo). Is the "Mayhem" guy with All State? They should stick with him. So the message was All State insures even tree houses? scratchchin

May 14 new

The ad was about Allstate's services including expert advice. The expert was checking out the construction of the tree house - pointing out that the father had covered everything BUT the position of the windows. It was supposed to highlight the need for expert advise to keep from missing something and that Allstate provides such things to its customers.

May 14 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The ad was about Allstate's services including expert advice. The expert was checking out th...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

The ad was about Allstate's services including expert advice. The expert was checking out the construction of the tree house - pointing out that the father had covered everything BUT the position of the windows. It was supposed to highlight the need for expert advise to keep from missing something and that Allstate provides such things to its customers.

--hide--

Got it! Thank you Lauren - either I got too focused on those kids behaving badly or All State failed in getting the message across. I would have to watch the ad again which I really don't want to do biggrin.

May 14 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: Got it! Thank you Lauren - either I got too focused on those kids behaving badly or ...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

Got it! Thank you Lauren - either I got too focused on those kids behaving badly or All State failed in getting the message across. I would have to watch the ad again which I really don't want to do .

--hide--

lol I think they actually made it a successful ad, because the purpose is to bring the name to mind over the names of their competitors, so by the fact that we are talking about it and remember it is from Allstate -- makes it successful.

May 14 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: lol I think they actually made it a successful ad, because the purpose is to bring the ...

lol I think they actually made it a successful ad, because the purpose is to bring the name to mind over the names of their competitors, so by the fact that we are talking about it and remember it is from Allstate -- makes it successful.

--hide--

lol true - it made me remember the brand All State scratchchin

I still like Flo and Mayhem hehehe

May 14 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: lol true - it made me remember the brand All State I still like Flo and Mayhe...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

lol true - it made me remember the brand All State

I still like Flo and Mayhem hehehe

--hide--

I love Flo and Mayhem myself lol. . .

May 14 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: lol I think they actually made it a successful ad,

lol I think they actually made it a successful ad,

--hide--

LOL, successful ad indeed! Sex sells!

But I'm not buying, Jerry's not buying, Ann's not buying, Reena's not buying. In this forum, they have a 33% success rate. That's a failure. tongue

May 14 new

highfive amen to that!

Besides , I work for their competitor anyway, works for me hehehe.

May 14 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: lol I think they actually made it a successful ad, because the purpose is to bring the ...

--hide--

Unless the name recognition results in them losing business.

Posts 11 - 20 of 34