Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 16th 2013 new
(quote) Steve-111719 said:

I've never been to a Bahama Breeze, so I'll have to take your word for it, Connie. I have a few favorites myself -- sorry, I can't narrow down the list to just one...

Favorite Pizza: A dead heat between Geno's East in Chicago (stuffed pizza) and Bruno's Pizza in South Bend, IN (traditional style).

Favorite Prime Rib: Skip's Other Place in New Buffalo, MI (although they've changed ownership recently and I haven't been there to check out the new guys). A close second: Malone's in Lexington, KY.

Favorite Ribs: Michelbob's Ribs in Naples, FL. Any time I'm in southwest Florida, I have to make the pilgrimage...

Favorite Ethnic Restaurant: King Gyros in Whitehall, OH. A little hole-in-the-wall Greek place in the Columbus suburbs that has the best Gyros in the country and great Baklava. A must-stop anytime I'm back home visiting family.

Most Fun: Hofbrau House in Newport, KY. Long picnic-style tables in rows (forces you to meet your dining neighbors) with great German food, an oompah band that invites you to sing along, and huge beer mugs. A great place to have fun on a weekend night and probably the closest I'll ever get to the real Oktoberfest...

Anyway, thanks for asking this food snob for his totally-unbiased opinion.
There is one in Orlando. I went to a CM meet up at one there years ago. I'm going to have to drive to Naples to go to Michelbob's Ribs. That would be on my way to Sarasota to buy goodies from the Amish.

If I ever get to go back to Cynthiana Ky. I will stop at the Hofbrau House. I love Oktoberfests!

Thanks for the info!!!
May 16th 2013 new
Fleur De Lis Pizza -- Locally owned Roman Pizza restaurant since 1946. (check or cash only)

Acme Oyster House

Rotolo's Pizzeria
May 16th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-958229 said: Fleur De Lis Pizza -- Locally owned Roman Pizza restaurant since 1946. (check or cash only)

Acme Oyster House

Rotolo's Pizzeria
Wish I would have known about these places when I went to New Orleans. I don't recall the name of the seafood restaurant I ate at probably because it wasn't a memorable experience.
May 16th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Wish I would have known about these places when I went to New Orleans. I don't recall the name of the seafood restaurant I ate at probably because it wasn't a memorable experience.
Fleur De Lis Pizza is (in Baton Rouge)

There is
Rotolo's Pizzeria(s) and Acme Oyster House in New Orleans

In New Orleans there is Drago's yummm and many other placs
May 16th 2013 new
One I forgot to mention is the Kenyan Cafe. It's owned by an immigrant from Kenya -- he came here to study and stayed to open a restaurant. And in my humble opinion, the Morgantown restaurant scene is better because he stuck around. Who knew you could get a taste of Africa in a West Virginia college town?
May 17th 2013 new
My favorite is Ozark House in Bloomington, IL. I love their onion-crusted salmon.

Several favorites in TN and FL, but can't recall names just know where they are.

May 18th 2013 new
I keep thinking about & missing 2 local restaurants in Indianapolis: Sahm's for good home-style cooking & Shalimar for Indian food--their lunch buffet is always full of delicious choices, but I were to go there for dinner, I would choose the vegetarian thali.

Here in Escondido, I've had excellent barbecue at Kaminski's in Poway. I like good soup, so the Soup Plantation offers an all you can eat salad bar, soup bar, plus a lot of extras & it's all fresh & local.
May 18th 2013 new
My patio. There is nothing like cooking a good meal outdoors with the people you love and then enjoying a glass of wine while talking, laughing and enjoying each other's company. Many times I light a fire just for the ambiance and light. I love to cook and entertain so it is definitely a favorite.

If I do have to pick it would be Iron Chef Michael Symon's Lola Bistro in Cleveland. He is the most amazing chef ever and he just creates the most amazing flavors. As a foodie I am definitely a huge fan. However, it expensive so it is really a special treat thing. sad It is also 2.5 hours away lol.

If you go you have to try a few deserts. Food utopia is what it should be called I believe cloud . There is a reason that he is the only undefeated Iron Chef. biggrin
May 18th 2013 new
my 8 year old neice asked me why I don't have a BBQ grill out by the pool. Now, I had to get rid of my gas grill and never replaced it. I'm going to get a charcoal grill to use when the kids are here with me. thanks for reminding me!
May 18th 2013 new
The Soup Plantation sounds Wonderful, that is right up my alley! Wish there was one in my area.
Posts 11 - 20 of 32