Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

May 18 new
do you remember what part of FL?
May 18 new
in my opinion, to have the most wonderful home cooked meal would be prepared by the Amish. I've stayed at the Amish Door Hotel which has a restaurant on the grounds. That is the best meal I've ever eaten in my life! If you haven't been to Amish country, you must go!
Here in FL there is a settlement of the Amish in the Sarasota area. There are two restaurants owned by the Amish. I've eaten at one several times but the owners have changed so last year it wasn't as good as in the past. It's a buffet style with everything imaginable on the buffet. I was surprised to hear my dentists office manager talking about it to another patient so I chimed in to get in my 2 cents. The next time I visit the area I'm going to the smaller restaurant to try it. I'm going to google the names then will post them. They also have a huge gift shop and bakery within the building.
May 18 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: in my opinion, to have the most wonderful home cooked meal would be prepared by the Amish. I've stayed at the Amish Door Hotel which has a restaurant on the grounds. That is the best meal I've ever eaten in my life! If you haven't been to Amish country, you must go!
Here in FL there is a settlement of the Amish in the Sarasota area. There are two restaurants owned by the Amish. I've eaten at one several times but the owners have changed so last year it wasn't as good as in the past. It's a buffet style with everything imaginable on the buffet. I was surprised to hear my dentists office manager talking about it to another patient so I chimed in to get in my 2 cents. The next time I visit the area I'm going to the smaller restaurant to try it. I'm going to google the names then will post them. They also have a huge gift shop and bakery within the building.
The restaurant that was recommended to me by the locals is called Der Dutchman but Yoders is the one I'm going to try next.
I forgot to mention that the Amish Door is located in Berlin Ohio. Berlin is the largest Amish Settlement in the USA. Everyone thinks it is in PA but I was told differently. Berlin has rolling hills with beautiful land. I have a cousin who lived there for years, lucky him. I would love to live in such a beautiful area.
May 18 new
The Columns in Avon By The Sea, New Jersey
May 18 new
In New Orleans, I recommend Jaques Imo (I think it's the spelling) great local food.
May 18 new
I will have to put this on my list as my daughter starts college in Cleveland in the fall. I love Michael Simon too!!!
May 19 new
We have the Queen of Sheba -- Ethiopian restaurant and it is fantastic. There is a new Taste of Egypt, but I haven't gotten to try it out yet. I love just about anything Indian and all types of Indian.

This thread is really bad. It is making me want to eat and travel to try everything out. When I was in Chicago once we had pizze from Dua's not sure that is spelled correctly. And, then another time, we had the best Spinach alfredo pizza at some really neat downtown restaurant with decorative ceilings in an old building. I can't remember the name, but it was fantastic.
May 19 new
Anone who loves sushi and is near Houston, Japaneiros!!! It's amazing! :)
May 19 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: I absolutely Love Bahama Breeze. There are two locations near me but the one the farthest away is the one I prefer. Their Cobb Salad is great. Plus they have live music nightly on the patio and light the firepit at 9 P.M. what can be better than that?
Do you have a favorite restaurant you'd like to share?
There are soo many restaurants that I like, but the one that is at the top of my list is O'Rourke's in Gettysburg, PA. Their barbecue wraps, buffalo fries, and apple fritters are absolutely out of this world!!!!!!!!!!! It's not a chain restaurant, so if you wanted to taste its delicious goodness, you must go to Gettysburg to do it. Believe me, you won't be sorry you did!! :)
May 19 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: in my opinion, to have the most wonderful home cooked meal would be prepared by the Amish. I've stayed at the Amish Door Hotel which has a restaurant on the grounds. That is the best meal I've ever eaten in my life! If you haven't been to Amish country, you must go!
Yes, Connie, Amish food is AMAZING!! I went to Amish country in Pennsylvania with my family, and we went to a buffet place for breakfast up there, and boy, that was some goooooooooood eating!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 32