Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

May 14 new
I *used* to live in Minnesota. Unfortunately, the majority of my family and relatives still do. Praying
May 14 new

Minority rules when the majority fails to vote, pray for increased voter turn out for all elections at all levels.

May 14 new

I consider myself a fairly orthodox Catholic – though not conservative. I support and accept the Churches teaching & understanding on marriage.

That being said, I have no clue why there should be an opposition to gay marriage in this country. I don’t deny that this is wrong – I consider it wrong. However the way this country was set up esp. its incorporation of mechanized morality, I have no clue why either gay marriage or polygamy or anything else should be illegal if it does not harm anyone else.

May 14 new

This is not true. This is a moral issue. Even if the majority supports it, it still does not make it correct. This is a limit of democracy. Democracy stands for the average, not the normal.

May 14 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: Minority rules when the majority fails to vote, pray for increased voter turn out for all electio...
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

Minority rules when the majority fails to vote, pray for increased voter turn out for all elections at all levels.

--hide--

This is not true. This is a moral issue. Even if the majority supports it, it still does not make it correct. This is a limit of democracy. Democracy stands for the average, not the normal.

Sorry: No way to edit my previous post

May 14 new

Gay marriage is a sin

May 14 new

(Quote) Mary-937794 said: Political Correctness is bringing ruin to our civilization. We have to Vote and Walk our Talk. St....
(Quote) Mary-937794 said:

Political Correctness is bringing ruin to our civilization. We have to Vote and Walk our Talk. St. Michael Pray for us

--hide--

While I believe Political Correctness may be a problem, I think what is ruining western civilization is our belief in the ability of a secular state to avoid corruption (esp. moral corruption). In this regard, I admire the Muslim world – at least they have this correct as compared to the western world.

May 14 new

(Quote) Darrin-306390 said: Well folks my state of Minnesota has just legalized gay marriage. The 12th official state to do ...
(Quote) Darrin-306390 said:

Well folks my state of Minnesota has just legalized gay marriage. The 12th official state to do so. Now the question is what state is going to be next and then the next one after that? It feels like we've opened up a pandoras box for something else as well. Then will it be pologymy? Where people will want multiple wives or husbands then who knows. All i know is where as catholics we need to pray and pray a lot. Pray to Saint Michael to protect us from the evil one and pray to our wonderful mother for guidance to get humanity back in the right direction.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying

May 14 new

I actually think we are in a post christian era and we have to keep to catholic standards

May 14 new

Hi Darin----Lord Jesus have Mercy-we can't do this on our own---May your Light shine brightly into our hearts and burn away that is not yours-Come Holy Spirit guide us in doing the Will of our LOrd--where there is confusion may we all see clearly--where others turn away May Love touch their hearts-May we all return to the safety of your Burning Love and Mercy---May our minds and hearts be changed by YOur ultimate Eternal love for each of us--------------even if people turn away may we run after them in our prayers and actions that express Your Love for them--we all have fallen short we can't do it on our own--Come LOrd Jesus and save each one of us------St. Michael and Angels of God-- Mother Mary- St. Joseph -------Saints of Heaven-hear our prayers--Father of Compassion call each of us back to your dwelling Place-so we may be one with you-each one of ustheheart rosary

Posts 11 - 20 of 46