Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-915458 said: I consider myself a fairly orthodox Catholic – though not conservative. I support and accept...
(Quote) Dave-915458 said:

I consider myself a fairly orthodox Catholic – though not conservative. I support and accept the Churches teaching & understanding on marriage.

That being said, I have no clue why there should be an opposition to gay marriage in this country. I don’t deny that this is wrong – I consider it wrong. However the way this country was set up esp. its incorporation of mechanized morality, I have no clue why either gay marriage or polygamy or anything else should be illegal if it does not harm anyone else.

--hide--

It harms the people involved, and by extension, harms others. Same-sex acts, especially among males, are inherently damaging to the body. I don't know how graphically detailed I'm allowed to get on the forum here, but let's just say that it can be damaging on both "active" and "passive" partners. Disease spreads more easily because it involves direct access to the digestive tract. This is why sexually active, polyamorous, homosexual males tend to fall prey to STDs more frequently than others. But even in a monogamous relationship, it's physically damaging.

Polgamy (multiple marriages) or polyamory (having multiple lovers, married or otherwise) are damaging to the sexual economy in general. Hey, if all the ridiculously good-looking men had three wives, what would the other two-thirds of straight men do? Ugh. A mismatch of available males and available females leads to serious social unrest -- this is what China is going to have to deal with as a result of aborting girls so much.

If people do not reproduce at a stable rate, the economy will be put in jeopardy. If there is not an average of 2.1 births per woman, we can't maintain the current economic system. California is liberal enough to not reproduce adequately. And guess what? That means there are going to be more old people and not enough workers. Which means there's gonna be more retired folk on Social Security but a smaller pool of workers to tax for Social Security. Which means there will be more taxes per worker. Which means workers make less. Which means they spend less. And workers not spending, for the economy, is like a heart not beating. All this because of a lack of stable population growth or even keeping the current population or shrinking slowly.

We can thank the contraceptive mentality for this, but this is why sexual activity should remain open to procreation. Otherwise, society falls apart with regard to health, morals, and the economy.

And all this is completely apart from the legal problem with so-called gay "marriage". No persons are being discriminated against by not passing gay marriage. A straight guy and a gay guy are both equally capable of marrying a woman, and both are equally restricted from marrying other men. As individuals, nobody is being discriminated against. However, the question is: are all couples or relationships equal? Relationships are not persons before the law, and thus do not have the benefit of the 14th amendment.

May 14th 2013 new
I have not read through all the posts, and apologize if this invitation is already out there. Fyi from an email forwarded to me earlier today: Though this is very late notice, we hope that as many of you can join us as possible! In anticipation of the tragic decisions of Governor Mark Dayton to sign the Gay Marriage Bill into law and of St. Paul Mayor Coleman to host a band-led procession to downtown St. Paul for a party in Ecolab park immediately following the signing, people of all faiths are invited to gather on the steps the Cathedral of St. Paul tonight from 9:15 P.M. - 10:15 P.M. for a candle light vigil and time of quiet prayer for hope, courage and faithful endurance to face what is to come as a result of this abomination. We will also pray for our state, its representatives, and the institution of traditional marriage designed and entrusted to us by Our Lord. Some candles will be provided but please bring your own if you are able. The goal is to be a quiet prayerful presence during the events to take place in St. Paul tonight which are slated to end at 10:15pm. This is an outdoor gathering, and the Cathedral building will not be available to attendees. PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING OR TO ORGANIZATIONS WHO WILL HELP US SPREAD THE WORD. The Cathedral is located at 239 Selby Ave. in St. Paul. For driving directions visit the Cathedral web site at www.cathedralsaintpaul.org
May 14th 2013 new

MN just approved of gay marriage. I take it as a personal attack against the family, especially kids.

May 14th 2013 new
I'm afraid Oregon will not be far behind. There are stories about saints that have been given a glimpse of something horrible that might befall mankind if we do not repent and mend our ways. I used to think that referred to war, disease, famine or the like. Lately I am wondering if it refers to the "gay rights" movement and their attempt to make their disordered sinful lifestyle considered "normal". I'm glad my children are grown. It won't be long before it is child abuse to tell them that homosexuality is morally wrong. Only God can save this poor sad society of ours.
May 15th 2013 new
Thanks to those who came tonight. We are indeed the "anawim" - the "little ones", the faithful remnant of the new Israel. The Church is being renewed and purified for the road ahead.
May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Thanks to those who came tonight. We are indeed the "anawim" - the "little ones", th...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Thanks to those who came tonight. We are indeed the "anawim" - the "little ones", the faithful remnant of the new Israel. The Church is being renewed and purified for the road ahead.
--hide--

Eventhough I'm 6'2" do I still qualify as a "little one"? laughing

Yes, twas good to be there tonight and pray. It was a positive and constructive way to handle today's tragic events. Praise God for Jenny for pulling the trigger on this and talking to Fr Ubel about doing it. This is what needs to happen, to be more proactive. Great reflection by Fr Kloeckman (sp).

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Sonya-261658 said: MN just approved of gay marriage. I take it as a personal attack against the family, especially k...
(Quote) Sonya-261658 said:

MN just approved of gay marriage. I take it as a personal attack against the family, especially kids.

--hide--

Just wait until the lawsuits come, then it will be a personal attack on your parish and our Archbishop, priests, deacons, consecrated, laity. The day will come if this law isn't countered soon.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: I imagine Utah as the Mormon capital will be the state demanding polygamy in...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

I imagine Utah as the Mormon capital will be the state demanding polygamy in 5yr or so. When the sacred bonds of marriage have been broken to include "exceptions"- you're right, it's a veritable Pandora's Box. Where will it end?

Let the persecution begin.

--hide--

Dear Felicity,

Your spirit and posting on this board remind me of my own daughter's zest. I guess she gets much of it from my genes (and as quick as I am to make decisions) I'd like to pass onto you that Mormons are NOT likely to seek legalization of polygamy at all; rather just some dirty old men, and there's plenty of religions or those without that have them. I spent three months in Utah when about your age and was working the summer for the US government. Since then, I have been able to gain rapport whenever we cross paths.

In 1979, I encountered two towns on the state border with Arizona which were polygamy towns and the Mormons did not take kindly at all to the few men (less than a dozen in all) that each fathered hundreds of children with dozens of women. It was surreal when I had to survey their towns. I having gone alone at first stumbled upon these two towns and was greeted by hundreds of unattended children roaming their streets ( about 80 miles from most all civilization). But I digress. Perhaps another time... I will say, now most of those men are in jail or dead because of altercations with the law (no not with me).

My main point is that Mormons today are probably the most likely to support biblical family values next to practicing Catholics. Of course, not all, but defintely 90% plus. Mormons are a major influence now in all the Pacific NW as well. I just wish that they would speed up the process and see the full light :) but they are getting there.

So, my point, go easy on them. Hey, look at me! I should take my own advice :)

Blessings, dear daughter in Christ!

John

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-856326 said: I'm afraid Oregon will not be far behind. There are stories about saints that have been given a glim...
(Quote) Karen-856326 said: I'm afraid Oregon will not be far behind. There are stories about saints that have been given a glimpse of something horrible that might befall mankind if we do not repent and mend our ways. I used to think that referred to war, disease, famine or the like. Lately I am wondering if it refers to the "gay rights" movement and their attempt to make their disordered sinful lifestyle considered "normal". I'm glad my children are grown. It won't be long before it is child abuse to tell them that homosexuality is morally wrong. Only God can save this poor sad society of ours.
--hide--

It's going to be a close call in Oregon the next attempt, Karen, but it is very much just a matter of time. It was awesome that the 2006 referrendum was passed with some foresight, stalling Oregon's perverse trend on this. But, alas, we have the most hedonistic state in the union. Union? Hah, even that is getting to be questionable?

Tyranny by the state is practically here.

There is no time like now to put on the Armour of God.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) John-971967 said: Dear Felicity,Your spirit and posting on this board remind me of my own da...
(Quote) John-971967 said:

Dear Felicity,

Your spirit and posting on this board remind me of my own daughter's zest. I guess she gets much of it from my genes (and as quick as I am to make decisions) I'd like to pass onto you that Mormons are NOT likely to seek legalization of polygamy at all; rather just some dirty old men, and there's plenty of religions or those without that have them. I spent three months in Utah when about your age and was working the summer for the US government. Since then, I have been able to gain rapport whenever we cross paths.

In 1979, I encountered two towns on the state border with Arizona which were polygamy towns and the Mormons did not take kindly at all to the few men (less than a dozen in all) that each fathered hundreds of children with dozens of women. It was surreal when I had to survey their towns. I having gone alone at first stumbled upon these two towns and was greeted by hundreds of unattended children roaming their streets ( about 80 miles from most all civilization). But I digress. Perhaps another time... I will say, now most of those men are in jail or dead because of altercations with the law (no not with me).

My main point is that Mormons today are probably the most likely to support biblical family values next to practicing Catholics. Of course, not all, but defintely 90% plus. Mormons are a major influence now in all the Pacific NW as well. I just wish that they would speed up the process and see the full light :) but they are getting there.

So, my point, go easy on them. Hey, look at me! I should take my own advice :)

Blessings, dear daughter in Christ!

John

--hide--

Thanks John :) I once overheard a conversation between some coworkers: a Mormon and a Christian. The Mormon said "oh no! Only weird 'fundamentalist' Mormons practice polygamy- the rest of us think it is wrong." boggled We, Catholics, spend our lives trying to be like our perfect "founder" and Mormons are trying to distance themselves from theirs.. How interesting.. Of course, the more that distancing happens, the more toward-Christ they will grow. Here's praying for their mass conversion. :)

Posts 21 - 30 of 46