Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

(Building on an earlier thread...)

Someone of the opposite sex approaches you after Mass, smiles, and says, "Are you single?"

What would be your first thought? First words?

Be honest.

May 14th 2013 new
I'd be startled. I'd try to think of where I saw him before, if he's in a ministry or what. I'd think it were a trick question & I was gonna be trapped into something. I'd think all these things, I think, even if he did look like George Clooney. And if it WERE George Clooney, and I batted my eyes at him and said, "Why, yes, I happen to be single," he'd look at me and say, "No wonder; I figured as much" and walk off.
May 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Building on an earlier thread...)Someone of the opposite sex approaches you after Mass, smiles, and sa...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Someone of the opposite sex approaches you after Mass, smiles, and says, "Are you single?"

Be honest.

--hide--

First words . . ."why do you want to know?"
May 14th 2013 new

I guess I would be thinking wow, a guy has taken notice of me and possibly is interested in getting to know me and if he asked that I was single, I would say yes I am and would inquire as to why he is asking. I sure wish that this would happen to me because there are a lot of handsome young men that attend St. Agnes, it's just that not one has really taken notice of me and/or has had the courage to approach me.

May 14th 2013 new

No idea...but it'd probably be some sort of expression of shock.

I answered this as if I was in my normal parish in the U.S. because if a Polish guy asked me that here, I probably wouldn't understand him.

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Building on an earlier thread...)Someone of the opposite sex approaches you after Mass, ...

Be honest.

--hide--

I would say...Hell yes I'm single...hehe... Hows that Marge?

May 14th 2013 new

My response, "Yes I am...tragedy of epic proportions don't you think!" laughing

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Building on an earlier thread...)Someone of the opposite sex approaches you after Mass, ...

Be honest.

--hide--
Who's asking?

Marge, I had something funny happen to me...similar to this...just different circumstances. I was in Lake Tahoe. This was about 2 years ago. I was talking to a lady in the main lobby of the hotel....and she had come up to me...and asked if I were winning or something along those lines. All of a sudden, my cousin (who I think is in a whole different area playing poker) comes up out of nowhere and gets between us and says, "Hi my name is "K" are you single?" I said, excuse me "K" I'm talking to this lady! Anyway...she was not wearing a band but was indeed married. End of conversation. But later I pulled him away and said, "What kinda lame line is that? And why did you barge in?" We laughed...but at the time anyway I thought it to be rude. laughing

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: I would say...Hell yes I'm single...hehe... Hows that Marge?
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

I would say...Hell yes I'm single...hehe... Hows that Marge?

--hide--
laughing laughing

May 14th 2013 new

Be honest.

--hide--

Now this is an interesting lady!

Yes I am. I'm going for a walk after breakfast. Would you like to join me?

Posts 1 - 10 of 109