Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-899981 said: excuse me i shall change that!
I remember now because when I first signed up my daughter filled in the main stuff. She thought It was annuled so she listed it that way. There is no place to edit that area. You made no comment about my delima but sure commented on that.. see another event to make us feel like we are not welcomed. If you look at the bottom where is asks if we are free to marry I put IN PROCESS Shreezx
Jun 8th 2013 new
I did some digging and sent a help ticket to fix that. Over and out!
Jun 8th 2013 new
Hi, my name is Mary and just like you, I was never married in The Catholic Church. When I spoke with my Diocese and I was told I do not need an annulment, the Church does not recognize my marriage. What I do need to do 2 weeks before I marry is to fill out a form- that's all. Please forgive me but I forgot the term used for this simple process. Best wishes, God is so awesome! Mary
Jun 8th 2013 new
Carol, you need healing and peace of mind regarding your husbands drinking and indiscretions. Please keep an open mind and fontina fewAlanon meetings, they will restore your self-esteem, self-worth and self-love. Your children will have a happier and more available Mom. :-)
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-937842 said: Carol, you need healing and peace of mind regarding your husbands drinking and indiscretions. Please keep an open mind and fontina fewAlanon meetings, they will restore your self-esteem, self-worth and self-love. Your children will have a happier and more available Mom. :-)
Mary, I think you misdirected your advice as I have not shared any information about my former spouse in this thread.
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-937842 said: Hi, my name is Mary and just like you, I was never married in The Catholic Church. When I spoke with my Diocese and I was told I do not need an annulment, the Church does not recognize my marriage. What I do need to do 2 weeks before I marry is to fill out a form- that's all. Please forgive me but I forgot the term used for this simple process. Best wishes, God is so awesome! Mary
Mary,

You may be referring to a annulment due to "Lack of Form". The Church DOES recognize all marriages, until discerned otherwise. You should not wait, lest the two weeks turn into a longer period and cause you to mess up your wedding day plans.

Who exactly gave you that direction?

My suggestion is to get the impediment removed at your earliest convenience not in a last minute scramble. Also, the more time passes by, the harder it could become to provide pertinent information.

Jun 9th 2013 new
So sorry, my suggestion wasn't meant for you.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Hi John, my info is from theTribunal themselves. Thanks for your input, but Im not getting married.
Jun 9th 2013 new
I'm sorry, Karen! I went to your profile and noticed that and mentioned it. It was not supposed to be a criticism, just a 'heads-up'. I was asked by another person to look at his profile to check it out and noticed the same thing and told him and he was grateful and fixed it. I just thought you would too. I'm sorry it felt like another disrespecting criticism.
I'm still waiting on my annulment and only turned in my paperwork a month ago,so I have much interest in how this all works, but little to offer in the way of help for what you are going through. My prayers are with you as you go through the process.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Hi Sharon, I'm certainly sorry for all you went through. My situation is parallel to yours. After 7 years of civil divorce, I went through the annulment process. I found it to be of no healing value for me because I had already been healed from the whole situation. I even told my ex that I forgave him for cheating on me. I no longer felt the pain and sting from his immature actions and attempts to hurt me further. All is well, doing the paperwork for the annulment was just tedious and I learned nothing that I had already known. If you found it to be a painful process, then ask God to go into your heart and find areas that still need to be healed. You want to be healed before beginning another relationship anyways. Take care, laurie
Posts 21 - 30 of 41