Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

May 23rd 2013 new
I agree he should support his children.
What is he only needs a little time to get back on his feet.
I don't have kids, but I was out of work for a while and I really had to cut back. Trust me, this economy isn't working for everybody. Has the father been paying all along, only stopping under real pressure? If he falls of the ledge, and has liens against him it can HURT his job prospects, make him desperate and LESS likely to get hired. This can be a positive, life-afirming turn-around or it can be the straw that breaks him.
State like California can take his driver's license away, effectively turning him into a bum. Excellent for a bitter revenge, not so good if you want him to be a father to your children.
Use the State as your enforcer with care. It should be the last resort to go after a scoundrel because it can kill a man's ability to earn money, and live a normal life.
May 23rd 2013 new
Been there my self between my ex wife and the Government . concerning the payment of Child support you would not believe the hassle . I learn to deal with it and cut costs . I have custody of my fourteen year old son . This has been that way for the past seven years .
May 24th 2013 new
Andy,

I am sure that this is going to come across a little more harsh than I intended it too, so please forgive me. You kind of struck a nerve. Why is it that one parent should be allowed to "get back on their feet" while the other struggles to make ends meet? As a parent you need to support your children first and foremost. You lower your standards and take a job that allows you to provide for your children. If it means flipping burgers, you flip burgers. If it means that you stock shelves overnight, that's what you do.

While there are women (and men) that use the legal system to "get back" at their ex, there are plenty of men that take advantage of it too. I have a friend whose baby daddy works under the table so he had to pay as little child support as possible to get back at my friend for ending the relationship. I get it, there are the people that fall on hard times and just need a little time to get back on their feet, but if Shelly is publicly frustrated that child support is not being paid, I'm sure that she has a reason.
Posts 11 - 13 of 13