Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 18th 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: I could not send emotigrams with out having to click each letter into place once to secure the place and then once for the letter. Very tedious.
Marian, If you're using Internet Explorer, turn off compatibility mode to fix this problem. There should be an icon in your address bar that looks like a piece of paper ripped in half. Just click on that icon to turn it off.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Virginia-851921 said: I too had great difficulty sending a message with an emoticon. I was in Favorites using Internet Explorer.
Virginia, Can you clarify what kind of difficulty you are having?

May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-784275 said: The vertical photos are missing half of the original photo!
Are you referring to the small row of photos beneath your header photo or does this happen when you click to view the full photos in the photo viewer?
May 18th 2013 new
Ok, I have posted long replies of specific problems that do not even appear in this thread. So, my computer is not working either. I have issued a help ticket, and you have asked for a response which comes up when I log in via my phone, but I cannot reply because the send button does not work, so thus the delay. The issues are: Windows Nokia phone: Navigational icons do not work at all, cannot reply to threads, cannot see what thread people have replied to, the favorites bar blocks the first post on every page, cannot message at all, chat requests block the screen but I am unable to respond as the buttons do not work. I have to exit the thread and go back in to read the next page. I can't see if there are new posts in a thread. I can't move from page to page via the site. Basically. there is zero functionality. (Please note: I had no problem viewing the regular site in the past with this phone.) Computer: Chat requests pop up and block every page, pages are slow to load, I cannot send emoticons without clicking the mouse at every letter or it bumps me out, I can't see if I have unread replies to posts. I have replied to the chat requests numerous times and tried to exit as the people are no longer on line, yet they continue to pop up. The photos in the profile show only the top right portion of the picture. I have changed the compatibility mode and still have the same problems.
May 18th 2013 new
May 18th 2013 new
May 18th 2013 new
May 18th 2013 new
Brian- Not sure which John you were asking to be clearer up thread. Just in case, I'll restate my issue:
On a16", widescreen (16x9) Windows laptop running Firefox. I don't necessarily keep my browser window maximized. I often like to have more than one window visible. I like when content resizes to window width. But I don't like when the layout changes with window width. With the old site, the menu bar and sidebars remained intact with a narrower window. I did lose the account options drop down menu if I went too narrow, but that wasn't a terrible thing as I don't use that menu often, and I still knew where to find it.
Now, in the new site, when I reduce the window down to about 75% of screen width, I get a dramatic change in layout (I presume this what it looks like on a tablet), no menu bar, no sidebars. The layout change is confusing, and as others have said, cold and spartan in appearance. Perhaps a different width threshold would work.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: Marian, If you're using Internet Explorer, turn off compatibility mode to fix this problem. There should be an icon in your address bar that looks like a piece of paper ripped in half. Just click on that icon to turn it off.
irked I tried doing this and stil cannot send an emotigram without typing in one letter and moving the curser around and clicking on it to type the next letter. So I won't be sending emotigrams I guess.

and what happened to Spell Check when I send a message?? I'm more than a little frustrated by these changes. I concur with the people that do not like the little eye that shows someone online. I dislike the pics overlapping the profile pic. I've seen some with just a stomach and part of a head showing. don't like having to scroll up to have to read the new messages and even the "new" loga is hard to read.

My subscription expires in a couple month. And you've just given me more reasons not to renew. irked
Posts 61 - 70 of 132