Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 20th 2013 new
Christina, that happened to me today a couple of times, for the first time since the CM conversion. And later it either corrected itself, or it got fixed once I used the "Action" drop-down button and selected the "reply w/emoticon" button. I'm on a Dell home computer too, using IE.
May 20th 2013 new
Awwww.....now I can't seem to get ANY emoticons tonite with my samsung andriod. :0 ( ( best I can do for a sad face!!)
May 21st 2013 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
May 21st 2013 new
I can't get rid of chat invites. I say "Not interested" and close the window and as soon as I go to a new page, the chat is popping back up.
May 21st 2013 new
Marianne: personally, I use Firefox which has built-in spell check. I'm not sure what the CM spell check is or was like, but until that's resolved, maybe try Firefox..?
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Nathan-48443 said: I need to be able to look at the message I am replying to (poor memory :) )....

Absolutely. While I can't get it in tonight, this will most certainly be corrected!

the little header link thing that follows you down the screen when you are reading down correspondence with one person

I'll take a look at that. It's supposed to anchor at the top of the page so don't have to scroll back up to do something on it, but evidently that's not happening exactly.

And Ed, the emoticon list will be filled out as well, have no fear!
Thank you for fixing the in-line message box thing- it's much better now.

I like the Forum Nav option at the top- much nicer than having to reload the whole main page to change forums. :)
- I just noticed that the topics that are appearing (under this forum at least) are not in order of last post date anymore. I see recent topics and those topics that haven't been posted in since April 15 in a seemingly random order.

That header thing (that has the picture and name of the person you are messaging (e.g. Felicity >> messages with Felicity) is mostly anchored, but when I send a message and the page reloads, that bar is about a 1/3 of the page down from the top.

Currently: Firefox 21.0, Asus Laptop
May 21st 2013 new
Why on the search results only names and not member numbers displayed? Seems like an important bit of information to me.
May 21st 2013 new
I cannot use my cellphone to read new messages. I can't send messages via cellphone now, either. Same situation applies to emotigrams in both cases.
May 21st 2013 new

Hi Tom, in order to assist you we need you to provide a description of what happens when you try to read or send messages and emotigrams. Awaiting your response.

May 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Ok, I have posted long replies of specific problems that do not even appear in this thread. So, my computer is not working either. I have issued a help ticket, and you have asked for a response which comes up when I log in via my phone, but I cannot reply because the send button does not work, so thus the delay. The issues are: Windows Nokia phone: Navigational icons do not work at all, cannot reply to threads, cannot see what thread people have replied to, the favorites bar blocks the first post on every page, cannot message at all, chat requests block the screen but I am unable to respond as the buttons do not work. I have to exit the thread and go back in to read the next page. I can't see if there are new posts in a thread. I can't move from page to page via the site. Basically. there is zero functionality. (Please note: I had no problem viewing the regular site in the past with this phone.) Computer: Chat requests pop up and block every page, pages are slow to load, I cannot send emoticons without clicking the mouse at every letter or it bumps me out, I can't see if I have unread replies to posts. I have replied to the chat requests numerous times and tried to exit as the people are no longer on line, yet they continue to pop up. The photos in the profile show only the top right portion of the picture. I have changed the compatibility mode and still have the same problems.
I also use a Nokia windows phone to access site and am having the same difficulties as Kathy has listed. I am surprised I have even got the chance to type this message as I could not get this far a few days ago. Certainly at the moment 'responsive' is not the word to use in relation to the new changes. Frustration! No matter which navigation link button is chosen I still stay on the same page. I think most people understand that time is needed to iron out problems but to be honest I think some of the replies to a few of the posts are quite sharp.
Posts 91 - 100 of 132