Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 18th 2013 new
I like Meg's description! And I find THAT very attractive...to stay level headed & not react is strength. biggrin
May 18th 2013 new
It's been my experience that too many "calm" men are:
- bored
- boring
- not paying attention
- dead

I like people with personality.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Yes, some are calm but laugh easily, communicate well etc. They don't come into a room and take center stage, are not loud or extremely reactive. No, I wouldn't want a zombie or an iceberg either and, as one friend put it--strong but no Neanderthal's.
In a previous topic written by someone else about personality types, a male member of Catholic Match happened to touch on calmness in the response that he posted:

Before I was aware of the personality types, I was aware that I attracted "type A" personality women, or what would be categorized here as choleric. I was told by some of these women that my calm demeanor and peaceful disposition is what drew them to me.

From now on I'll be watching out for all of those type-A women stomping about arm in arm with a calm man. laughing eyebrow
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Wow! I was just thinking about this quality in the man I am seeing. His temperament is choleric/sanguine & I kind of expected him to present a slightly different demeanor--maybe kind of excitable. But he has shown a very calm way of being. When I gave him wrong directions one time & took him way out of his way, he just kind of sloughed it off & didn't show even annoyance much less anger.

I am melancholic/phlegmatic so I am normally low-key as well as being an introvert. Having someone who is always wanting to be active or who is reacting excitably to situations would put my nerves on edge.

So, my response is: yes! I do appreciate someone who presents a calm demeanor.
Hi Carol,

First, congratulations on meeting someone who seems to be both reasonable and, I'd certainly assume, somehow attractive. Also thanks for letting me know that your mind has been pondering in the same pond of ideas as I have.

That was interesting, how you must have been concerned about his possible reaction to your wasting all of that very expensive gasoline.

Lastly, thanks for another vote for calm men. smile

John

May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: Mr. Calm may not be glamorous, but he's miles better than Mr. Angry, and there's a lot of those out there. I'd figure it'd be a plus on the whole. I ain't gonna hold your hand though. ;)
Thanks. And yes, men give me alms instead of palms.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-824866 said: I like Meg's description! And I find THAT very attractive...to stay level headed & not react is strength.
Hi Laura,

Thank you for adding your opinion. It seems to me that calmness is a foundation for most of the kinds of communication that are desired in a relationship. Of course, there are other kinds of needed communication that require intensity and emotion.

John
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: It's been my experience that too many "calm" men are:
- bored
- boring
- not paying attention
- dead

I like people with personality.
Being calm can be much more than a boring personality. The character of a person will probably tell more about the person than a personality - a forefront personality can be with shallow character. I'm not a bubbly person, however, I don't think I'm boring or dead on arrival.
May 18th 2013 new
Marge,
This guy is absolutely NONE of what you described: I have never been bored being with him and he does pay attention.

And John, he is more than "somewhat" attractive to me!

I guess there may be a difference between levels of calmness: from "dead" to "strong/reasonable".
May 18th 2013 new
http://www.calm.com
May 19th 2013 new
Calmly confident with a sense of humor!
Posts 11 - 20 of 139