Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 19th 2013 new
That's moribund versus manic.
May 19th 2013 new
It's better to date Mr. Calm than Mr. ...... calm down! laughing laughing laughing faint
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Wow! I was just thinking about this quality in the man I am seeing. His temperament is choleric/sanguine & I kind of expected him to present a slightly different demeanor--maybe kind of excitable. But he has shown a very calm way of being. When I gave him wrong directions one time & took him way out of his way, he just kind of sloughed it off & didn't show even annoyance much less anger.

I am melancholic/phlegmatic so I am normally low-key as well as being an introvert. Having someone who is always wanting to be active or who is reacting excitably to situations would put my nerves on edge.

So, my response is: yes! I do appreciate someone who presents a calm demeanor.
That's a man who has fought to gain control of his personality in my opinion. I have the same personality and the ability to quietly accept aggravating things does not come easily. Many kudos to him for gaining that mastery of self.
May 19th 2013 new
Well put, Marge and Stephanie! I can't stand guys who are never part of the group and look down at me for talking and enjoying a group atmosphere. That kind of man is either an egomaniac at his core or is simply too lazy for anything. Have some backbone and get on with life !
May 19th 2013 new
Calmness? Oh, yeah.....
Ho hum......
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Ray-566531 said: Calmness? Oh, yeah.....
Ho hum......
What, Ray????!!!! You don't like calm?!!!!? wide eyed laughing I am joking, of course....

May 19th 2013 new
And I have no idea why the hyperlinks appeared. If a moderator would/could fix that I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
May 19th 2013 new
I like calm if it represents a peaceful heart and a confidence in navigating the chaos of the world. If it represents a lack of engagement with the world and people, it is not so endearing. But, in the latter case, calm might not be the best adjective for the demeanor.
May 19th 2013 new
Yes, there is calm and there is dead to everything going on. I would like calm in that every little thing doesn't set him off. There is also dead to emotion that nothing affects him at all, I don't need that kind of calm.

Calm, the "right kind" of calm is very nice so that when I get us lost for the (insert medium number here) he will take a deep breath and smile yet he is still capable of being appropriately upset without going overboard. We all get upset but if a guy is so calm that he feels he needs to suppress every time he is upset that would be scary for me.
Posts 31 - 40 of 139