Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 19th 2013 new
All these posts are great. Calmly passionate? Adventuresome and yet not needing it every moment...Calmly and confidently balanced in his lifestyle perhaps.
May 19th 2013 new
laughing
May 19th 2013 new
I find calm-mannered peacemaker people relaxing and easy to be with. A hot-head is NOT a good match for me. I am perfectly fine with just being with a date that does not necessarily include an unending stream of conversation. Sometimes it is nice to just BE with people and enjoy their company.
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Yes. I think calm is very attractive. I see it, potentially, as an indicator of strength, depth, self-control and confidence in self (i.e. not trying to impress anyone but comfortable in his own skin.)
I would like to think you just described me among other guys ... Some calmness derives from good training. Advanced diving, or combat/martial arts training are good examples where inability to remain calm can be fatal - that's not to say the duck ain't paddling like crazy just below the surface! For many, (men and women) this ability to control panic will extend to most situations in life, and such a person will be thought of as calm and level headed (even keeled).
May 19th 2013 new
I do NOT raise my voice to a woman ...,,,,I adore the woman I am with and Thank GOD!!!!
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I find calm-mannered peacemaker people relaxing and easy to be with. A hot-head is NOT a good match for me. I am perfectly fine with just being with a date that does not necessarily include an unending stream of conversation. Sometimes it is nice to just BE with people and enjoy their company.
Yes, quiet time together is wonderful...to not feel the need to always talk.
May 19th 2013 new
From my own experience...
I tend to attract type A personalities, what would be called choleric or sanguine on CM. They are drawn by my calm nature (or peacefulness), which provides something that many cholerics and sanguines sometimes lack in their own faster paced lives. Like many phlegmatics, I tend to be observant and lean towards non-confrontation.
Invariably the same aspect that attracted choleric and sanguine women to me gives way to a perception of stoicism, and (in my case) some of these women start pushing buttons to see what it takes to get a rise out of me.
May 19th 2013 new
(quote) John-146319 said: From my own experience...
I tend to attract type A personalities, what would be called choleric or sanguine on CM. They are drawn by my calm nature (or peacefulness), which provides something that many cholerics and sanguines sometimes lack in their own faster paced lives. Like many phlegmatics, I tend to be observant and lean towards non-confrontation.
Invariably the same aspect that attracted choleric and sanguine women to me gives way to a perception of stoicism, and (in my case) some of these women start pushing buttons to see what it takes to get a rise out of me.
Some can feel that receiving that emotion from you (vs. stoicism) is a way of bonding. It can seem too, to some, that without visible reaction, there is not empathy or concern.
May 19th 2013 new
Calm is good at this point in my life. I like smooth sailing, not boring; smooth. I've had enough rough seas. But calm would have to be a secondary or third-place personality trait. It doesn't take first place at all for me.

Ability to attach securely to a potential spouse is even better, since I can tend to have an avoidant attachment style. Short synopsis of attachment styles for adults: Avoidant+secure = good. Avoidant + anxious = not good. Anxious + secure = good.

May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Calm is good at this point in my life. I like smooth sailing, not boring; smooth. I've had enough rough seas. But calm would have to be a secondary or third-place personality trait. It doesn't take first place at all for me.

Ability to attach securely to a potential spouse is even better, since I can tend to have an avoidant attachment style. Short synopsis of attachment styles for adults: Avoidant+secure = good. Avoidant + anxious = not good. Anxious + secure = good.

psychology.about.com Here's the test to help determine attachment style.
Posts 41 - 50 of 139