Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

May 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kelly-846180 said: Hi!! This will be quick because I'm onmy phone, but I'm a nanny, so I know what your struggle is! You NEED to be on Pinterest searching for ideas. There are tons!!! Also, kids love to paint!! Fingerpaint, acrylic paint...I've done acrylic on construction paper with cheap bruhes with my kids around those ages. Also, board games/card games. Hide and seek!! And I looove movie theater! Make snacks and cover the windows or go in the basement and snuggle up! Also could cover floor with blankets and pillows to sit on.

have fun!!!
thanks Kelly for your good ideas.
May 19th 2013 new
Sounds like you're feeling less lost about what to do with them, so that's good!!! Since you mention fruit for smoothies, I'll just give you another little idea. Add some baby spinach!!! Just a handful to whatever smoothie you're already planning to make. Make one and have them all try it first (maybe without them watching you make the first one so they won't know), and they will realize they can't taste it!!
May 19th 2013 new
Board games-check out good will etc

At dinner do word games-
there are even books of questions-iie: if you could only eat one food for a week....etc

Be patient, the kids are also testing you-if you keep feeling the need to respond (like is was said, they need to learn to entertain themselves) then they will keep asking, otherwise after awhile, the will learn.

Can you make cards to send to mom? or someone else? Bake to take home to dad?

God Bless you for helping.
May 22nd 2013 new
Kelly's advice about pinterest is good, but be careful. That site is addicting as my pile of dirty dishes can attest to ashamed There is a ton of ideas there.

I liked Mary's idea about making cards. My son thrives on a schedule Monday was Library day, Tuesday and Thursdays were Papa (dad) day, Sunday is Church day, etc. Now he's out playing with his friends every day, but before the time changed, we would designate every Wednesday as "gratitude day". He would have to do something nice for someone. Some days he would write letters or draw pictures to send to his grandparents or other family that lives far away. Other days we would make muffins to share with a neighbor or his teachers. We've gone through his toys to give away to kids that don't have lots of toys. Thank you notes to people that have done something nice for him. We live a frugal life, but there is always ways to make others feel good.

If you google "free things to do with kids in Fort Lauderdale, FL you should be able to come up with some great activities.
www.sunny.org
http://www.gumbolimbo.org
fortlauderdaleonthecheap.com

Posts 11 - 14 of 14